Talk

Advanced search

this is my 1st AIBU but I am pi***d off with fireworks going off untill 11 at night .

(11 Posts)
everyoneslackey Wed 29-Oct-08 17:35:21

Last night was eleven thirty . I mean I could put up with it if it was for one night only but this has been for two weeks now and it will be for a few more weeks yet . Its like bloody Beirut when I go to bed . I live in a very multi cultiral area . Heathrow and |I know it has to do with religeios festivals and its the same every year. Nothing to do with Guy forks night . I am on my own in the house at the moment as DH has taken DS camping (yes in a tent LOL) for a few days . I have never been on my own for years now I cant remember the last time so I suppose I feel a bit more nervous than I would normally and every time I relax another bloody firwework goes off . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR . Thanks for listing I just wanted to moan thats all . LOL

BoysAreLikeZombies Wed 29-Oct-08 17:37:57

YANBU

ramonaquimby Wed 29-Oct-08 17:38:10

Well it was Divali yesterday so you have to forgive that smile

But you're right - fireworks will last now until Jan 1st - am in same area and loathe them too.

needmorecoffee Wed 29-Oct-08 17:39:34

yanbu. Its started here and is always 10 or 11 at night. And will go on till New Year now.

Saturn74 Wed 29-Oct-08 17:43:11

The 2003 Act - Main Points of the Act and the resulting regulations:
Set a curfew on the use of fireworks, banning them between the hours of 11.00pm and 7.00am except except on Bonfire Night (midnight), Diwali, New Year, and Chinese New Year (1.00am)

(It's Guy Fawkes, btw wink)

everyoneslackey Wed 29-Oct-08 17:43:37

I dont mind the religieos festival its just the lateness that get to me . Seriously its like down toen Beriut ,

everyoneslackey Wed 29-Oct-08 17:44:48

town

JoyS Wed 29-Oct-08 20:44:51

We get it here the minute the fireworks go on sale until the bastards run out of money. Don't think it has anything to do with Guy Fawkes or festivals, just overgrown children liking to set things on fire.

everyoneslackey Thu 30-Oct-08 12:17:47

you are probably right there . LOL Laughing to myself now thinking you dont see many grown up women getting all excited about lightning a bloody fire work . Yoe are right it must be a male thing .

pingping Thu 30-Oct-08 13:01:37

mine go off all night till 3am its bloody annoying right outside my flat I see them shooting past

YANBU

Madsometimes Thu 30-Oct-08 15:26:41

YANBU. My dd1 is 8 now and loves fireworks. However, up until the age of 4 she was terrified of them. She hated the sound, and she also hated looking at them. I think she thought the world was ending. We would have them continuously for 3 weeks from late October to early November, and she would be screaming and shaking with terror. Her sleep was totally put out and it would take hours to get her down, and then some inconsiderate lout would let off a banger at 11pm and she would be up again. sad

I know the law has changed now, but I do not think that it is enforced rigorously. I notice fireworks less now because I do not have young children or animals, but I am still mindful of those people who do. We have a large public display which ends at 8pm, which I think is reasonable. Unfortunately, many people then go home and let fireworks off in their gardens until the small hours. I do not know how people afford them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now