Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to shove a lit firework up the arses of the kids on my estate! Grrrrrrr

(31 Posts)
pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 11:05:42

Every night this week all night long all I have had is fireworks shooting past my window.

The teenagers on my estate think its hiliarous to set fireworks off till stupid times in the morning waking up the whole estate and when you finally think they are finished they set them off again. I know my Neighbour called the police they came 2hours later and only warned the kids that were doing it and as soon as they had gone the fireworks started again.

I need my sleep sad

nickytwooootimes Wed 29-Oct-08 11:06:52

YANBU>
I hate bloody fireworks.
I'd have 'em banned other than for public displays personally.

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 11:09:38

I agree last year I was crossing a busy main road and some kids set the fireworks to go across the road bloody thing nearly hit me.

They are so dangerous I don't know why they are allowed to be sold

kayzisexpecting Wed 29-Oct-08 11:10:25

YANBU!!

Its so bloody annoying. I also think they should only be allowed at public displays.

Someone round here let off fireworks at 3 in the morning when his baby was born. He was fined about £1000. He went round telling everyone he had done it.

nickytwooootimes Wed 29-Oct-08 11:10:29

I know! They are fucking explosives, fgs.

pumpkinscantdancethetango Wed 29-Oct-08 11:14:12

yanbu

sunnygirl1412 Wed 29-Oct-08 11:36:57

I love watching fireworks, but there's a time and a place. In the past we've taken the kids to big public displays, and to private parties - one of my best friends' dd's birthday is November 5th so she often has a firework party, so we've gone there or had a small party at our house.

However, we wouldn't dream of letting off fireworks late at night - frankly it gets dark by 6pm so there's no real need to let them off at 11pm let alone 2am! We also wouldn't dream of celebrating Guy Fawkes every night for a fortnight either side of the actual day!

It all comes down to consideration, as far as I'm concerned. It is not considerate to make a lot of noise late at night, whether it be fireworks, music, car horns or whatever.

sunnygirl1412 Wed 29-Oct-08 11:39:24

PS - speaking professionally (I used to be a nurse), a firework up the arse might be a little messy.wink However, I'm sure we can come up with a suitable retribution between us!winkgrin

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 12:01:30

PMSL! Sunnygirl. When I say they going off all night I mean all night from about 4.30pm till about 3am and its not for a party its just kids messing around.

sunnygirl1412 Wed 29-Oct-08 12:27:27

You're definitely not being unreasonable, pingping. I hate being kept awake, and because I usually have a window open, I can hear things that the double glazing would otherwise keep out.

And I'm SO not a nice mummy when I haven't had enough sleep!!

Beelliesebub Wed 29-Oct-08 12:40:03

YANBU....
I hate this time of year because of the fireworks going off at all hours for about 6 weeks.... I think that each town should have a display supplied by the council and then its up to people if they want to pay to go! It'd be far less dangerous in respect of injuries and as an added bonus stop most of October and half of November being a right off.
I also get paranoid when my ds's are out and about in case someone throws one at one of them (boys will be boys hmm). A couple of years ago ds4 had a firework hit the back of his head when some friends of ours were having some in the garden..... I can laugh about it now but at the time I was not amused.
Then to top it all I end up wearing my dog, which incidentally is a Doberman because she is terrified of them and take it from me it's not easy trying to catch her as she launches herself at you in sheer terror! I even have trouble getting her to go for a pee in the dark at this time of year.

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 13:00:14

LOL at your poor dog bless him

I do think they should change the law for the sale of fireworks and maybe over 25's only should be able to buy them.

I see them shoot past my window they are setting them off in the court yard My friend was going to shout out of the window but was scared one would hit her.

I am not the nicest person through lack of sleep either.

Lilybeto Wed 29-Oct-08 13:15:28

Over 25's!!!! A bit unresoanble

Lilybeto Wed 29-Oct-08 13:16:18

* unreasonable - Can't type today

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 13:34:42

Why lilybeto it would stop alot of immuture 18 yr olds getting there hands on them also have you not seen teens today alot of them look over 18.

If the sale of fireworks has to remain then I think the ID policy should be more inforced and I think that at 25 you would be grown up enough not to go in the shop and buy fireworks for teenagers

GreebosWhiskers Wed 29-Oct-08 13:40:23

tbh I don't think there should be an age limit for buying fireworks - I think they shouldn't be on public sale at all.

If you want to see fireworks, go to an organised display.

Callisto Wed 29-Oct-08 13:44:14

I thought there was some law stating that you can't let fireworks off after 11pm?

I agree with the OP, I hate fireworks going off all night and my greyhound gets so freaked out we need to give him valium just so he doesn't keel over from heart failure. And is it my advancing age or are fireworks much louder these days?

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 13:52:50

They are much louder and much bigger.

There is but the police just give warnings thats it. hmm

GreebosWhiskers I agree that you should only be able to go to public displays but in reality that will never happen so they could at least up the age limit.

noonki Wed 29-Oct-08 13:54:20

YANBU BAN the fecking things !

moosemama Wed 29-Oct-08 14:12:12

I'm with you. No matter what legislation they impose fireworks will always end up getting into the wrong hands.

I'm another one with a firework phobic dog and to make it worse I'm pretty phobic about them myself (have had to try and conquer it so DSs don't follow suit, although cant't help feeling a healthy amount of fear/caution is no bad thing with something that dangerous).

I usually invest in a DAP refill and some scullcap and valerian tablets which help calm our dog a bit, but being pregnant and forgetful this year, I didn't get my order in early enough. We have been woken regularly throughout the small hours with her trying to escape by digging her way through a door or wall. Poor thing is truly petrified. (Our other 2 dogs are not bothered in the slightest and just ignore her and the fireworks.)

Have just been and spent the best part of £25 on a DAP collar and valerian tincture to try and calm her down.

(Btw my first dog a beautiful huge long-coated german shepherd was called Callisto smile )

moosemama Wed 29-Oct-08 14:14:14

Its not just this time of year either. A local hotel has become very popular for weddings and they seem to have fireworks almost every Saturday night.

At least they keep to the regulations though and we can pretty much predict them so can turn up the television and distract the dog.

TheInvisibleSpookDidIt Wed 29-Oct-08 14:28:06

Totally agree that fireworks shouldn't be on sale for general public.

Alot of very stupid people around here take great delight in trying to scare people by letting them shoot along roads and next to houses.

This happened locally this week too, so sad sad.

Organised displays only and if for any other occasions require an licence issued.

Lilybeto Wed 29-Oct-08 15:08:27

I am a responsible 21 year old. How crazy would it be if I was allowed to drink, get married, have children etc, but not buy fireworks!!!

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 16:08:05

Lilybeto so you think its ok for teenagers to be able to handle these fireworks.
Just because you can get married have kids smoke and drink does not mean you are responsible enough to set off fireworks

Thats like saying i am old enough to do all these things why can't I have some explosives or a gun. Fireworks are very dangerous.

Every year you hear how another childs been hurt or a house has been gutted or a shop has been blown to pieces due to fireworks.

When I was younger and I hate to say this i worked in macdonalds blush we had kids that used to throw the fireworks in are lighting and they would go off.

How many more people will have to be hurt before something is done.

pingping Wed 29-Oct-08 16:23:22

its 16.22 and the fireworks are already going off! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now