Talk

Advanced search

To have expected a refund for an indeible pizza?

(21 Posts)
AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 28-Oct-08 12:19:14

I ordered vegetarian with chilli peppers, the same as I've ordered countless times before. But this was quite literally covered in them, and they hadn't removed the seeds. I love hot food but this was just totally impossible to eat, even after I'd picked them off. My eyes were watering and my nose was running.

I called to complain and they told me if I didn't like chilli I shouldn't have ordered it. What a fat waste of £10.

Tee2072 Tue 28-Oct-08 12:21:43

Is this a chain place or privately owned? Either way, write a letter to the owner/manager and complain.

BalloonSlayer Tue 28-Oct-08 12:24:19

I did think you meant it was an indelible pizza and you hadn't been able to wash a stain out of your clothes grin.

I guess the problem is with delivered stuff that you can't send it back like you can in a restaurant. You could keep it I guess, and go back the next day and ask the manager to tell you if that is how they normally make them...?

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 28-Oct-08 12:28:43

Ha, I didn't spot that.

It is an independent place, we have been using them for six years and never had any problems before. It's still in the fridge, I might ring again and speak to someone else.

poshbloodencrustedwellies Tue 28-Oct-08 12:36:14

I would never order chilli's on my pizza as I have had the same as you AmI-pizzas that have blown my head off,it's very difficult to judge when making a pizza-my dh would eat one covered in chilli but I can't handle it.

I keep dried chilli's at home and add to premade pizzas so I can control the heat on mine.

Good luck with getting your money back though.

branflake81 Tue 28-Oct-08 14:30:02

I think YABU. You DID order chillis, after all......

filz Tue 28-Oct-08 14:31:11

pmsl at your nose running
you dirty cow

pingping Tue 28-Oct-08 15:27:34

PMSL Filz yabu you asked for chilli's they won't give you your money back, Live and learn is all I can say next time don't order chilli's

ScottishMummy Tue 28-Oct-08 15:40:44

ahh what a delightful image madame de snot wiv da runny eyes and too hot to trot pizza

i dont know whether yabu or not
tell you when i stop laughing

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 28-Oct-08 16:28:26

Nice hmm

As I said i've had the same pizza loads of times before, but never like this.

I am pissed off as takeaway is a very rare treat in our house and it was shit to not be able to eat it and have a cheese sandwich for dinner as a result.

filz Tue 28-Oct-08 16:30:07

come on love. We have all had a shit takeaway in our time, this time it was you
live and learn

thesockmonsterofdoom Tue 28-Oct-08 16:33:58

You have made me want pizza so much now, and I have 2 day old veg stew for tea. grrrr, I want pizza.

pingping Tue 28-Oct-08 16:35:54

pmsl TSMOD

YABU I sometimes have a great take away sometimes shit.

I had Pizza hut the spicy one it was very hot but I ate it and never ordered it again

Amandoh Tue 28-Oct-08 16:42:32

YANBU.

If you've had the same pizza from the same place several times and it's always tasted the same and you've enjoyed it then it's not unreasonable to be a bit miffed when it tastes so different that you can't eat it.

Not sure whether it's worth complaining again though. You might end up with more than too many chillis on your next order.

If I were you, in future I'd order the vegetarian then add my own chillis.

filz Tue 28-Oct-08 16:43:16

what because they changed the cook????

of course its unreasonable

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 28-Oct-08 16:44:25

I've never had chillis that are not deseeded on a pizza?

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 28-Oct-08 16:44:59

DP has said he will eat it tonight anyway.

filz Tue 28-Oct-08 16:45:49

did you specify that though?

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 28-Oct-08 16:53:10

Oh for gods sake, this is boring me now.

Having ordered something countless times you sort of know what to expect.

filz Tue 28-Oct-08 17:47:22

go in and slap him thenwink

dilemma456 Tue 28-Oct-08 17:52:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now