Talk

Advanced search

to turn my music up REALLY loud to drown out the noise from upstairs?

(8 Posts)
ShinyPinkPumpkin Tue 28-Oct-08 09:01:25

I live in a basement flat.
I am moving out on Saturday.

The NOISE is absolutely unbelievable. They have wooden floors with no rugs. The sound of their children using their skipping ropes, banging with toys and playing their favourite jumping like frogs game is driving me UP THE WALL.

The whole family drag their chairs across the floor a zillion times a day and you know what I can't fecking take it any more.

Sooo I have turned MTV up to it's loudest and FANTASTICALLY right now I don't even know that I have upstairs neighbours.

So Mumsnetters- am I being unreasonable...am I???

PS Upstairs neighbours are also my landlords and I have already spoken to them about the noise....

ShinyPinkPumpkin Tue 28-Oct-08 09:09:07

Come on people.....tell me what you think??

Beelliesebub Tue 28-Oct-08 09:14:20

Perhaps you can go out and leave your stereo on repeat, full blast...........

gringringrin

Beelliesebub Tue 28-Oct-08 09:14:56

And no YANBU............. lol

ShinyPinkPumpkin Tue 28-Oct-08 09:17:27

Thank you!

If I'm really honest I'm not particularly enjoying the loudness hmm BUT I have been too nice and too patient for TOO long.

The worm has well and truly turned
The worm is going to find some ear plus grin

filz Tue 28-Oct-08 09:18:36

lordy
couldnt they have at least put caerpet down if they were going to rent out their basement??

we have a basement and carpets and the noise from upstairs is still quite bad

ShinyPinkPumpkin Tue 28-Oct-08 09:23:46

I thought it was a legal requirement to have carpets in a property with a rented basement below it. I should google I suppose....

ShinyPinkPumpkin Tue 28-Oct-08 09:29:22

Just took ear plugs out and you know what- I can STILL hear them shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now