Talk

Advanced search

Maybe a little unreasonable but HOW unreasonable?

(33 Posts)
GhostlySinCity Tue 28-Oct-08 08:58:02

So we're sat watching tell last night and DP runs his hand along my shin and says "hmmm hairy!" shock I've ran out of Razors but have been using a bluntish disposable just to get by but even so, why did he need to say that just to make me feel bad?

So I ran my hand over his belly and said "hmmm...wobbly!" blush He laughed a nervous laugh but then went really quiet for the rest of the night.

I know my comment was a little OTT compared to what he'd said but really, if you don't want comments like that, don't dish them out surely? People in glass houses and all that. Or am I bieng really unreasonable?

SqueakyPop Tue 28-Oct-08 09:00:15

Just say sorry

shootfromthehip Tue 28-Oct-08 09:03:43

Leave it- men cannot deal with any kind of criticism. Sigh.

ElviraInanEcup Tue 28-Oct-08 09:13:55

Message withdrawn

GhostlySinCity Tue 28-Oct-08 09:17:16

He says stuff to me like that all the time.
Sya I look frumpy, have dry skin on my face...

Like once I was half way through my tea and he said "you have a bit of dry skin on your nose" so I wiped it with my hand and carried on eating so he said "its still there ... "and he pointed to it angry so I wiped it again and carried on with my tea so he said "no, there ... " so I snapped and said "fuck off will you? I'm eating!" blush

sockmonkey Tue 28-Oct-08 09:20:03

I think your reaction was perfect. I would have just sat and fumed.
PMSL "Mmmm Wobbly"

morningpaper Tue 28-Oct-08 09:20:45

ok well you were not BU about the wobbly, that's just normal banter around these parts

But you WERE being unreasonable to tell him to fuck off when he was pointing to something on your face. In fact you sound a bit MAD.

ThingOne Tue 28-Oct-08 09:21:31

I think how you replied was fair dos, quite frankly.

cocoleBOO Tue 28-Oct-08 09:22:12

You should have rubbed his penis, "hmmm tiny".

Libra1975 Tue 28-Oct-08 09:31:37

lol, I think you both overreacted. You should have just laughed at each other and then jumped into bed.

morningpaper Tue 28-Oct-08 09:32:28

coco you are so right

"Hmmmm floppy"
"Hmmmm bald"

there are SO MANY worse things you could have done

cory Tue 28-Oct-08 09:35:54

I don't think you were BU. If he doesn't like personal comments he shouldn't dish them out.

traceybath Tue 28-Oct-08 09:46:45

Lordy - he sounds like he never ever wants to have sex again.

Does he know nothing about being in a relationship. I'd be pissed off if my DH made comments about hairy legs but i know some people enjoy that banter.

shinyshoes Tue 28-Oct-08 09:49:28

My DP has sat there before and made a comment about my tasche, I tell him to feck off and i'll wax it when I have the time to. It dosent bother me. I personally wouldn't worry about it. You can plait the hairs on my legs at the moment. Use his razor to do it, I've done my lady garden with his one before now grin

Flum Tue 28-Oct-08 09:52:06

Not an unreasonable reaction at all!

GhostlySinCity Tue 28-Oct-08 09:56:51

Morningpaper, so if you were sat down trying to eat your tea and someone kept repeatedly going on about something on your face... something which he KNOWS you are self concious about anyway ... you wouldn't tell him to fuck off and leave you alone?

MrsMattie Tue 28-Oct-08 09:57:36

LMAO

@OP Sorry, I think he need sot get a sense of humour. You're witty!

morningpaper Tue 28-Oct-08 09:58:27

No I wouldn't tell my partner to fuck off

Maybe if he'd slept with my mother or something and I was throwing him out

It's a really horrible way to talk to anyone

scaryfucker Tue 28-Oct-08 09:58:36

yes, I would tell him to fuck off

and also to be nicer to me if he ever wants sex again

my dh learned many years ago to never notice any imperfections, certainly never to comment on 'em

he thinks I am perfect wink

morningpaper Tue 28-Oct-08 09:59:19

If my partner told me to fuck off I would consider it extremely abusive and would pack and bag and leave TBH

I'm worth more than that

LouMacca Tue 28-Oct-08 10:08:10

lol @ coco

perfect retort imo. wish i was as quick witted!

MuAHAHAHAHAHmi Tue 28-Oct-08 10:27:26

YANBU!

pingping Tue 28-Oct-08 10:47:30

YANBU I thought that was quite funny dont worry about it

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Tue 28-Oct-08 10:55:21

I think you were a bit mean tbh, he made a coment about your hairy legs so you make a comment about his weight, imagine if it were the other way round ie, you told him he needed to shave so he tells you, you need to diet, its a bit more peronal than just needing to shave, no wonder he felt bad.

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Tue 28-Oct-08 10:56:37

sorry about typos, i have gloves on again, freezing in here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now