Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To give my brother advice on drugs?

(11 Posts)
AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 27-Oct-08 17:06:12

He's 20 but much younger than his age.

I have been giving him advice on safety issues etc, but know my mum would go crazy if she knew I was doing so.

CoteDAzur Mon 27-Oct-08 17:11:42

YANBU. Who else can give him this advice?

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 27-Oct-08 17:13:20

I know this, I'm just worried if it all comes out I might be seen as 'enabling' him (hate that term)

CoteDAzur Mon 27-Oct-08 17:16:36

Hmm. Is he already doing drugs? If so, it's not like he needs your 'enabling'.

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 27-Oct-08 17:18:17

He is, and it's not much, mainly weed, the odd bit of mdma and recently mushrooms (tis the season)

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 27-Oct-08 17:44:54

Thanks all, but any more opinions?

mmelody Mon 27-Oct-08 20:00:58

Course YANBU, you are sharing knowledge.. he is going to do it anyway. you are being responsible and thoughtful.. I would do the same. smile

Carmenere Mon 27-Oct-08 20:07:09

YANBU I have talked straight to all my step dc's and neice ect about drugs. My main piece of advice is that if things go tits up never be afraid to ring home. and my main piece of advice is to parents is to not freak out and remain approachable. I have a horrible fear of some kids dying (or dd) because they were afraid to call home.

Mum2OliverJames Mon 27-Oct-08 20:59:08

what do you mean advice?

do you mean 'oh dont take that because it will mess you up'

or 'try this instead you will get a much bigger high'

?? cos if its the first YANBU
but if its the second YABVU

solidgoldskullonastick Mon 27-Oct-08 21:01:44

If the advice you are giving is factual and correct and is neither 'oh go ahead and ingest everything, you're only young once' nor gibbering one-joint-will-send-you-mad! MAD! MAAAAD! nonsense then you are doing him a big favour.

poshbloodencrustedwellies Mon 27-Oct-08 21:05:17

There's a website called FRANK that's pretty informative drugwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now