Talk

Advanced search

To want to ignore namechangers who speak to me as if they "know" me, but are not saying who they are?

(118 Posts)
QuintessentialShadows Mon 27-Oct-08 12:18:00

So many has left.
So many has changed their names.
So many talk to me as if they "know" me.

I cant just ignore the familiarity in posting, yet I cant just guess who they are.

It is irritating. I cant just wipe knowledge of posters out of my head and chat to everybody like I have never spoken to them before.

I dont like this at all.

I suspect I am unreasonable. I just want to voice my opinion.

I liked it the way it was. I liked to "know" some posters. I dont like that posters "know" me and I dont know them. Like it is now.

Maybe it really is time to leave, as I am a stuck up miserable old cow who embraces change, but not as much as I thought I did.

Kewcumber Mon 27-Oct-08 12:20:38

yes I agree - I once sopent a month "talking" to someone I knew wihtout realising it. It was annoying for a reason that I can;t quite put my finger on. In her defence I think her namechange was fairly high profile but I just hadn;t seen it. I think my responses made it clear I hadn;t recognised her and would have liked her to point it out.

[grumpy emoticon]

ElviraInanEcup Mon 27-Oct-08 12:21:25

Message withdrawn

lizandlulu Mon 27-Oct-08 12:21:51

i dont like the way people change names full stop. no one wants to admit they are anything less than perfect, if they want advice about anything embarassing or like that, they just change names and it really annoys me.

Mum2OliverJames Mon 27-Oct-08 12:23:32

maybe namechangers could put their old names on there profile page?

Then people wouldnt get confused

QuintessentialShadows Mon 27-Oct-08 12:23:36

I accept that sometimes some use different posting names.

Some make a point of letting on they were somebody else, in a tii hii, sort of way.

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 12:26:23

when people i dont recogniswe talk to me ass tho they know me and evidently they do because they mention yhings i must have said i just think clearly i am very well known mumsnetter and of course like all celebrities far more people know you than you can ever hope to know back lol

ElviraInanEcup Mon 27-Oct-08 12:26:58

Message withdrawn

filz Mon 27-Oct-08 12:27:32

zippi in heat mag

TheWomanWhoAteTraffic Mon 27-Oct-08 12:28:10

Then just fucking leave. There's so much gaveling at the moment.

Put up or shut up.

QuintessentialShadows Mon 27-Oct-08 12:29:34

" Put up or shut up. "

A slightly abusive solution to many a problem, eh?

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 12:30:35

yes as the woman says at least i think its what seh meaht to say

just make like the queen and respopnd graciously without a hint of who the fuck are you then

filz Mon 27-Oct-08 12:30:36

what does fucking gaveling mean
fucking hell fuxck fuck

TheWomanWhoAteTraffic Mon 27-Oct-08 12:31:47

well no, I only meant in in respect to posting here. If you don't like it no one is making you post so stop it.

As if posting threads like this will make mumsnet the magical wonderful place it never once was

childrenofthecornsilk Mon 27-Oct-08 12:32:03

gavel

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 12:32:57

suitqable queen responses

smile always necessary

then any of the following

delicious looking cakes

have you come far today

did this take you long

oh goodness you have your hands full

etc

Carmenere Mon 27-Oct-08 12:34:01

I'd prefer a gobby newbie (even if she is a namechanger) to leave rather than a truly lovely mner like QS to leavehmm. It is very disconcerting when you used to know who you were speaking to and now you don't but for some reason the site seems to be going through some kind of shift and we do have to adjust to it if we still want to enjoy being here.
But it is definitely different than it used to be and it is not better for it. I won't leave but I do have little interest in what goes on here atm. I am hoping it is a phase.

Panfriedpumpkin Mon 27-Oct-08 12:36:30

nice list zippi - am so going to use the occassional one at a very random moment.

QuintessentialShadows Mon 27-Oct-08 12:37:00

Who the hell are you to tell me what to post? "If you don't like it no one is making you post so stop it."

Did you actually read my op?

Mumsnet never was a magical wonderful place.

There are people like you posting angry fuck off twiddle here all the time, so much agression.

We did not see this agression before.

People change their names because they want to post something embarassing, fine.

But I am in my full right to point out that I dont like that people seem to have angry posting personas (such as yourself) who appear mostly just to say stuff like Fuck Off, and Put up or Shut up.

And if you DO change name because you want to start afresh, for goodness sake stop HINTING that you are an oldtimer but wont say who you are.

QuintessentialShadows Mon 27-Oct-08 12:38:51

Thanks Carm. smile

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 12:39:50

yes a phase

i am a teenager in love

ExtraFancy Mon 27-Oct-08 12:41:31

QS, TheWomanWhoAteTraffic is being 'confrontational' all over MN this morning, for some reason hmm

Kewcumber Mon 27-Oct-08 12:42:05

TheWomanWhoAteTraffic - interesting response...

so its OK for anyone else to ramble on about whatever they want but not OK for QS to have a thread on whatever she likes.

You didn;t have to post on this thread you know you could have just fucked off smilewink[and any other much more passively agressive emoticons].

You do sound very cross, have you considered counselling?

QuintessentialShadows Mon 27-Oct-08 12:43:13

ExtraFancy, not just this morning... I suspect a regular in a "bad mood cloak". wink

KC, very good point, lol!

TheWomanWhoAteTraffic Mon 27-Oct-08 12:43:23

I'm not being confrontational at all 'all over mumsnet' pmsl.

You can't win, if you are too nice you are a hun if you speak your mind you are a bitch and treated suspiciously.

I'll leave you to it. It's beyond me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now