Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be miffed I'm having to organise this ...

(15 Posts)
michymama Mon 27-Oct-08 11:52:23

I have a friend, well sort of friend we have kind of gone our own ways in the last year, mainly because her husband is a fruit case and after turning to religion about 6 months ago decided any religion apart from Catholic was unacceptable, and her son who is same age as DD (6) was being aggresive and violent to DD, they are in the same class at school.
Anyway she has just called me, less than an hoor before the kids come out of school to ask me if I can pick her son up as her DH has gone to a nearby city and won't be back in time. I told her I can't as I am getting a lift with another mum as I too am without a car at the mo.
She said she would call another mum she knows. She just rang back to ask me to ask other mums outside the school if they can drop her son off !!!
Surely they knew this morning her dh wouldn't be back in time so why not organise yourselves better. I know its because they just presummed I would do it.
She has newborn twins and I really want to help her but I'm tired of always being the one who has to help them out when they need it.

needmorecoffee Mon 27-Oct-08 11:56:43

not half term?
I'd tell her to get stuffed. Only politely.

michymama Mon 27-Oct-08 11:58:01

sorry we're in italy so no half term here.

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Mon 27-Oct-08 11:58:59

I would just help out if you can, she has nb twins so must be finding it difficult to getr out atm

LilRedWGoreandguts Mon 27-Oct-08 11:59:35

It is not your responsibility to ensure her son gets home. If you genuinely can't help then tell her to call the school.

nolongeraworriedmummy Mon 27-Oct-08 12:00:27

nooo what does she expect you to do if you cant find someone to take them?

michymama Mon 27-Oct-08 12:04:18

I just feel peeved she expects me to ask other mothers around the school gates to take her child home.
I do want to help just fed up of them always thinking we can help them out.
When she came home from hospital I had her son for what they said would be till 3o'clock. At 6.30 dh took him home only to find his dad had gone to church. He had to pass by our house to get to church and didn't have the decency to ask if it was ok to leave him. He stopped by on his way back at 8.00 !!!! DH had left the boy at home with his mother and her dh was a bit miffed. I was fuming, he shuld have stayed at home to help is wife not feck off to church and expect everybody else to help out.

michymama Mon 27-Oct-08 12:06:19

The lady who is giving me a lift will probably take him home too but thats not the point. I'm already peeved I've had to ask this lady to take me and my kids (she is a friend and has no probs helping me out, its gonna put her out too angry

michymama Mon 27-Oct-08 12:11:26

sorry to keep going on, I'm just really wound up about this.
I've just called her to tell her to call the school so they will let him go with whoever and her husband answered as they have transfered the calls to his mobile !!!!!!!!!!
He said to ask the teacher if she can take him, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

LongDroopyBoobyLady Mon 27-Oct-08 12:13:49

Call him back and tell him his child is his responsibility not yours! You sound too "nice" and that's why they're involving you because they know you will sort it for them.

LilRedWGoreandguts Mon 27-Oct-08 12:27:19

Definitely tell him to sort it himself.

cocoleBOO Mon 27-Oct-08 12:30:15

Phone him and tell him to phone the teacher/school. This is taking the piss out of peoples kindness.

monkeymonkeymonkey Mon 27-Oct-08 12:37:05

They are taking the mick. You shouldnt be doing any of this. They can obviously use the phone. I'd be surprised if the school were even able to take your requests about this boy, as you arent his parent are you?

lizziemun Mon 27-Oct-08 12:46:03

I think I would be inclined to tell them as from now you will charging X amount for every school pickup and Y for every hour their child is left with you.

If they ask why just tell them that as they expect you to babysit their child with no thought as to what you are doing them you have no option then to charge.

michymama Mon 27-Oct-08 12:59:27

We're back, My friend who was giving me a lift offered to take him home too. The teacher let us take him.
We're a v small village in Sicily and everyone knows everyone and they know what his family are like.
I AM too nice and they DO take advantage. We're leaving Sicily next week so will have to find some other mug to help them out
Thanks for the advice, I thought maybe I was being unreasonable. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now