Talk

Advanced search

To love my son's nits?

(24 Posts)
PeaMcLean Thu 23-Oct-08 21:32:57

I've had a really mad exciting week at work. Yesterday I spoke at a conference, then did radio and television interviews. I got home all buzzy and slightly nervous about today's work which was a huge event and very high pressure.

However, on getting home last night, and getting DS out of the bath, I realised he had nits. DH ran to the chemist to get stuff and we spent ages combing it all through. It really brought me down to earth with a bump. And you know, I thought, this is real life, not all the swanky stuff, and I actually do love my son's nits for reminding me of that. smile

I know this isn't really AIBU. But just thought I'd share that. My son's nits made me happy.

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 22:02:24

That's really quite sweet grin although with ds at 9mo and me never having had nits it does freak me out a bit.... but good for you!

mrsmaidamess Thu 23-Oct-08 22:03:44

I feel the same way about my sons threadworms...kind of like they are a family pet.

NotAnOtter Thu 23-Oct-08 22:09:55

i think that as good and true!

well done peas ds's nits!

skyatnight Thu 23-Oct-08 22:14:21

Are you stark raving bonkers? hmm grin

peenutt Thu 23-Oct-08 22:15:55

LOL at mrsmaidamess

ScareyBitchFeast Thu 23-Oct-08 22:15:55

keeping it real

BloodshotEyeballsintheScarySky Thu 23-Oct-08 22:18:38

I thought you said to love my son's nuts! blush

<<must not skim thread titles>> blush

PeaMcLean Fri 24-Oct-08 21:17:49

Thanks all. I have to say I love 'em even more now that the little critters are dead grin

cupchar Fri 24-Oct-08 21:22:22

Are you Sarah Jessica Parker by any chance?

PeaMcLean Fri 24-Oct-08 21:57:34

<snort>

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that but, LOL, no, if only!

CurlyhairedAssassin Fri 24-Oct-08 22:01:26

You ARE SJP - the horsey snort was a dead giveaway!

Oh god, that was the first bitchy comment on MN I've ever made....it's all rubbing off on me.

PeaMcLean Fri 24-Oct-08 22:22:41

Erm... congratulations.

poshbloodencrustedwellies Fri 24-Oct-08 22:36:15

I'm sure that lovin' feeling will ebb away after you've got rid of the nits and found out he's got them again in 3 weeks and then again a few months down the line,by that point you will be not loving anything that crawls in your sons hair grin.

PeaMcLean Fri 24-Oct-08 22:39:05

I live in hope. There were only 10 of them. I'm going to conditioner him and comb it through again tomorrow, then do chemical stuff again next week. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

witcheseve Fri 24-Oct-08 22:41:39

Even worse when you find out you've got them. I don't like killing spiders, well unless they crawl up my leg in bed. Felt a bit mean being the nit killer. Bit like those weirdos people that catch mice alive instead of beheading them (or cutting them in half, hahaha).

poshbloodencrustedwellies Fri 24-Oct-08 22:44:55

I actually never have bothered with the chemical bit-just seems to stink alot and not actually kill the buggers,just do the conditoner and mass amounts of combing every other day for a few weeks.

my ds only has ever had one nit but we had about 1 year of constant 'nittage' with dd-I hate nits-'orrible stubborn things. But good luck Pea smile.

retiredgoth Fri 24-Oct-08 22:46:37

....I de-loused the urchins with Agent Orange this week (no organic shite here at Goth Towers).

....then, today I took the twin urchins to the barbers.

You know what is coming next.

...the biggest fuck off louse in Christendom lurking beneath the barber's comb.

I was invited to inspect the creature.

Sigh.

Doubtless the Agent Orange has facilitated mutation in this enormous beast...

But yes. I see the OP's point. I had a lovely, ordinary day with my urchins too....

Cheesesarnie Fri 24-Oct-08 22:47:11

only ten?ha thats nothing.10 are lovable.

but very sweet post pea

I spent half an hour tonight de-nitting DD. (we made it to half term before they appeared )

I love it. She isn't the most cuddly child with me, so that time with her snuggled onto my lap, just having my undivided attention is a big thing.

CurlyhairedAssassin Fri 24-Oct-08 23:22:05

Is it inevitable that kids get nits once they start school then? How come I have managed to be a mum for 5 years and never realised until coming on MN how common nits are? After reading this thread when (if?) DS comes home with nits, I will sit combing them out, smiling, sighing and thinking to myself "Ah, there goes another rite of passage!". What other nasties have I got lurking round the corner?

hammouhouseofhorror Fri 24-Oct-08 23:37:43

Ds gets them but not Dd. Don't 'love' them but made it fun by letting Ds 'squish' them with a satisfying crack.

skyatnight Fri 24-Oct-08 23:54:11

We don't seem to get them. Do we smell funny? Or is our hair too dense such that it would suffocate the little bleeders? Or too slippy for them?

We've had worms though. smile

lilysmummy2007 Sat 25-Oct-08 05:49:49

hmmmm, how do i get hold of some of these nits??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now