Talk

Advanced search

to be cross with this Mothercare 'customer line' ?

(10 Posts)
BabiesEverywhere Thu 23-Oct-08 09:40:54

I have been given an Mothercare gift card thingy and wanted to buy a particular item from Mothercare but it is not availble in the shops but only as an 'internet only' item.

I rang up the 'customer line' and asked in a friendly polite way if I could pay and order for an 'internet only' item by giftcard in a local store ?

He made a big deal about did I have my gift card and he needed me to get it, so I put down my newborn and toddler (both on my knee at the time) and I went to look. I found the card and then he told me to read the tiny writing on the back of the bloody card !!! angry

I found this very patronising of him, especially as the information I was asking for WASN'T even on the bloody card. He was refering to the bit which said you can't use the card to pay for internet items online, which I already knew from the website. It says nothing about ordering internet items from their stores.

I told him he was very patronising and asked him if he had decided on his own to be so rude to customers or was it part of their staff training angry He wouldn't answer, so I asked to speak to his manager....and of course the maanger was not availble for me to talk to.

So I still don't know the answer to my question, I suppose Mothercare expects me to travel to town with two children in order to get this information

I don't understand why he couldn't of just be friendly, all I wanted was a Yes or No answer and he was really nasty to me.

mamakim Thu 23-Oct-08 09:44:05

What an idiot. Did you get his name?

chequersandchess Thu 23-Oct-08 09:46:56

Ring back and ask again for a manager, ask one to phone you back if they're not available.

MrsMattie Thu 23-Oct-08 09:51:02

He's a prat. Speak to the manager.

FWIW, I find Mothercare online really, really shit. Take ages to deliver and often come back to you days later saying the item is out of stock.

littleducks Thu 23-Oct-08 09:51:11

i would phone the store direct, but am pretty sure you can as i wanted to buy a bumbo tray and they kept trying to convince me to order it online from them and said i could pay with gift crd

potoftea Thu 23-Oct-08 09:51:54

Oh that would make me so cross. angry

You weren't even complaining that you couldn't use the card, just making a polite inquiry. What an idiot he was.

Agree that you should phone and ask to speak to a manager and follow up with this issue. He's paid to deal with customers, and even if he thought your question was stupid, he's still paid to deal with it.

BabiesEverywhere Thu 23-Oct-08 10:03:29

I should of took his name but I was so angry I had to hang up, else I might of sworn at him and I didn't want to drag mysekf down to his level. But I reckon they record most phone calls and will properly be able to track him down if they wanted to.

I might just write direct to head office, As I don't want to get angry on the phone, as he is not worth it, he is just a little sad man. Two, they are more likely to act on a complaint in writting rather than fob you off like they will on the phone

In my defence both children were up most of last night, DH ended up in the spare room (I'm glad he got sleep as he travels on the motorway to and from work) whilst I went between the toddler to baby and back again. I got about 2 hours sleep all told and I am shattered and won't take any crap today.

asaddad Thu 23-Oct-08 19:47:03

I have a small amount of call centre experience. write in is best, tell them what time you phoned, what number you phoned on and as much as you can remember about the staff member and tell them you expect a response. I loathe all things mothercare - good luck!

mamalovesmambo Fri 24-Oct-08 14:19:49

ooh I feel a need for assisting you with annoying a company that provides bad service. (See British Gas thread smile pleeeease let me offer you my wisdom and guidance for teaching them a lesson in manners.

TheShipsCat Fri 24-Oct-08 14:28:08

Mothercare is shit, shit, shit. I think MN should ask the CEO to come on here and try to explain why.
Sorry. not helpful, but i am full of empathy. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: