Talk

Advanced search

To Judge?

(9 Posts)
MrsSnape Wed 22-Oct-08 22:32:47

I probably am but...

My son called for his friend on the way to school this morning. The boy (10) emmerged from the house looking like death warmed up! his skin was grey and his eyes were black and he was having trouble keeping them open. He pulled his hood over his head and mooched to the front gate before walking off with DS.

DS started waffling on as usual about computers etc but the boy was pretty unresponsive, continuously yawning.

In the end I said to him "are you ok? you look a bit ill" and he mumbled "I've had no sleep...again".

So I said "oh? how come?" so he said his mum and her new boyfriend keep him awake everynight laughing and giggling...making 'wierd' noises all night in the next room and it's been going on for the past 3 weeks. He then said for the past two nights he's had litrally NO sleep at all and before that we was being kept awake until 1am and then woken up again at 3am by them messing around.

I wouldn't mind but only 3 months ago this woman was in the process of marrying a different bloke. So in the space of a few months this lad has had....a bloke who he couldn't stand (he often told DS this as the bloke was mean to him) move in...his mum getting married to said bloke...the bloke moving out...meeting a new different bloke and now this...

And I mean, the kid looked TERRIBLE this morning. He wasn't putting it on.

I know its nothing to do with me but I can't help judging this as really selfish behaviour. I'm not saying she should be a saint and never have any fun until her kids are grown up but there is a limit, surely... no wonder the lad takes it upon himself to be mean and spiteful to other kids at school.

AIBU?

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 22-Oct-08 22:35:22

Message withdrawn

edam Wed 22-Oct-08 22:38:18

sounds very sad. But are you sure he's not exaggerating?

thisisyesterday Wed 22-Oct-08 22:38:39

poor kid. maybe you should invite him for a sleepover to help him catch up on some sleep!

HRHSaintMamazon Wed 22-Oct-08 22:40:58

was going to suggest the sleepover too.

also how about loaning him an MP3. he could play it at night on a low setting so that it would mask his mothers noise and he could get some sleep. of course ear plugs would be a little more obvious

MrsSnape Wed 22-Oct-08 22:48:28

He told a teacher at school today and the teacher went across to his mums car to have a word so I don't know what was said...

I would invite him over but I'd have nowhere for him to sleep sad

TheHedgeWitch Wed 22-Oct-08 23:33:51

Message withdrawn

Tryharder Wed 22-Oct-08 23:39:31

YANBU Mrs Snape!

Where's his Dad? Does he not stay with him at all?

chopchopbusybusy Wed 22-Oct-08 23:47:16

No sleep - really? Surely if he was that tired he would fall asleep. He must be exaggarating a bit. Are you sure he's just not being supervised and staying up all night playing computer games?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now