Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to hate people who say that family life is being destroyed?

(12 Posts)
soultaken Wed 22-Oct-08 17:40:46

In this article we are told that women using Facebook are responsible for the erosion of family life smile.

When TV was invented they said it would destroy family life.
Then they said the same about videos
Then they said it about consoles
Then they said it about computers
Now they're saying it about Facebook!

They're wrong aren't they, family life hasn't been destroyed?

The man (it's always men for some reason) who said this is supposed to be a leading pyscologist.

I can't wait for the next new invention to get the blame grin

DoubleBluff Wed 22-Oct-08 17:52:05

I am a Fb addict, but not interested in the number of freinds i can acquire, it is a great way of stayng in touch with my RL friends.

This article reminded me of those Harry Enfield sketches
" Women should not be allowed acces to computers. It may damage thier pretty littl heads and prevent them form carrying out the domestic chores!"

forevercleaningwithmybesoms Wed 22-Oct-08 17:53:44

they should say it about housework!

soultaken Wed 22-Oct-08 17:54:34

LOL DB, I was kind of thinking that myself, but you put it so much better than I coud have.

Hang on a minute, I think I'll try to find that sketch and link it here grin

DoubleBluff Wed 22-Oct-08 17:55:18

Bloody Daily Mial

soultaken Wed 22-Oct-08 17:55:24

howling with laughter!!!!!!!!

That is so true, why don't they ever say it about housework

misshardbroom Wed 22-Oct-08 17:55:45

whaaattt??

Personally, I use FB to get a quick 'heads-up' on what my RL friends are up to, and it prompts me to keep in touch with friends who live farther afield.

Who are these people who sit greedily amassing friends just for the sake of it?

And who on earth are people who get themselves in credit card debt for clothes and hairdos just so they look better and get more FB friends?

Has that psychologist ever actually used it?

And why am I getting het up about something published in the Daily Mail?

The world has gone mad.

MorrisZapp Wed 22-Oct-08 17:56:21

You can count on the DM to bring us news of any reports that criticise women's behaviour.

They don't seem to give a hoot about what men do - their behaviour never seems to matter.

frankbestfriend Wed 22-Oct-08 17:56:45

I agree on some levels.

I do believe that consoles and computers have eroded family life to some degree, along with microwave ready meals and television.

However I disagree it is a female only issue. Surely men and boys are just as likely to be ignoring their families and playing Call of Duty on the Playstation.

misshardbroom Wed 22-Oct-08 17:56:59

actually, the destruction of my family life is directly attributable to my MN habit. Best not tell the psychologists about that.

nooOOOoonki Wed 22-Oct-08 17:58:39

me too misshardbroom!

abear Wed 22-Oct-08 18:06:55

I agree with everything said above. Facebook is where my RL friends & I stay in touch, arrange to meet up etc. Having said that I did just burn the dinner reading the related article!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now