Talk

Advanced search

to think that 8 firemen,and 5 hours chasing a missing hamster,is a bit of a waste of taxpayers money?

(14 Posts)
FangolinaJolly Wed 22-Oct-08 12:08:38

Much as I would like 8 burly fieman occupying my house for 5 hours wink

(They can leave the hamster)

Well,am I?

Dons fire hat and awaits flaming

StripeyKnickersSpottySocks Wed 22-Oct-08 12:10:20

The thing is if they haven't got a fire to put out then they sit round the fire station drinkig tea and watching TV.

If a fire had occurred while they were hamster hunting they'd have been called away and gone to the fire.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Wed 22-Oct-08 12:10:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumoverseas Wed 22-Oct-08 12:49:31

i think it is very unreasonable to have not invited all us girls round to leer over the burly firemen!

DrNortherner Wed 22-Oct-08 12:50:41

Well my local fireman refused to come out when my cat was stuck on a roof and had been there for hours.....

They told me I had been watching too much fireman sam blush

RubyRioja Wed 22-Oct-08 12:51:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pingping Wed 22-Oct-08 15:07:11

PMSL DrNortherner what did you say to them when they said that.

I would of enjoyed the show but I am guessing that they would of been paid if they were sitting in firestation anyways so better they look for a hamster than sit around doing nothing.

{walks off in wonder if I could pretend that I have lost a hamster just to get a fireman show.)

FangolinaJolly Wed 22-Oct-08 21:36:25

It was on the news earlier...apparently a little girl had lost her friends hamster somewhere in the house and the fire brigade were called to try and locate it.

/7683727.stm

morningpaper Thu 23-Oct-08 21:05:41

I saw this on the news

I decided it was probably some sort of MI5 code, to tell spies something Very Important, like they did in the 1940s

PeaMcLean Thu 23-Oct-08 21:37:16

Damn. link's not working. Would love to see that.

GentleGarotter Thu 23-Oct-08 21:39:51

Maybe the hamster was smoking.

They can nibble through wires and cause a fire.

DrTreeHugger Thu 23-Oct-08 21:41:41

If it's good enough for Fireman Sam then it's good enough for any fireman

He will go out in a storm to find a sheep you know smile

Bubbaloo Thu 23-Oct-08 22:03:55

We moved house in July and after a week I finally let our cats out.One of them jumped the fence and was chased up a tree by next doors Staffie,where she was too terrified to come down.
Although very embarrassed,I called the fire brigade and within about 3 minutes I had a fire engine(lights and siren aswell) and 8 firemen arrive on my doorstep.
They got her out the conifer in about 5 minutes and luckily she was still in one piece.
Last week I knocked next door for something and nearly died of shame when my neighbour told me the fireman that got our cat out the tree was actually her boyfriendblush.
Haven't received a bill yet but lots of people have told me I'll probably get one.
Don't think I'd have rung 999 for them to chase a hamster thoughgrin.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 23-Oct-08 22:12:43

I had to call the fire brigade (not on 999!) when DDs friend managed to lock herself in the loo and we couldn't extricate her. They were absolutely lovely about it (no embarrassing lights and woo-woos either) and the girls got a tour of the fire engine after.

They are - in the very best sense - public servants, and if not putting out fires then being nice to children and small animals is entirely commendable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: