Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not pick up my visitors from the airport...

(10 Posts)
ilovespinach Wed 22-Oct-08 08:05:18

I have some visitors coming to stay with me soon. They land after the kids bedtime and I will be alone with them as dh is away. Is it unreasonable of me to ask them to get a taxi from the airport as I don't want to distrupt the kids (they are 2.6 and 9 months). My eldest doesn't have a daytime nap anymore as he is tired and difficult to deal with from about 6 until he goes to bed at 7. We have no car so I would be taking them to the airport on public transport......It's about a 20 min journey....

liath Wed 22-Oct-08 08:07:47

YANBU. This has happened to me with MIL arriving after bedtime and DH working. She was quite happy to take a taxi. I can't see any reasonable guest doing anything else TBH.

Tommy Wed 22-Oct-08 08:09:03

not at all!

Hopefully your guests are nice people who will say "Of course, we'll get a taxi - don't even think about disrupting bedtime. Just make sure you get the kettle on"

smile

Tigerschick Wed 22-Oct-08 08:09:58

YANBU
It's the only sensible thing to have happen.

Bubbaluv Wed 22-Oct-08 08:10:54

Absolutley not! I wouldn't even consider it!

bozza Wed 22-Oct-08 08:12:14

Well seeing as how you don't have a car I can't see what good it would do anyone for you to turn up with two grumpy small children in tow.

TheBlonde Wed 22-Oct-08 08:12:46

YANBU - I don't pick up visitors, I book them a minicab

bozza Wed 22-Oct-08 08:12:48

Cos woldn't they just have to get a taxi anyway?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 22-Oct-08 08:13:13

A bit pointless for you to go. If you have the money, it would be kind to organise a car for them, which means they'd be greeted at arrivals by a driver? Addison Lee do this. If they have money, and you don't, you could offer to arrange this for them, but they could pay cash for the trip ...

ilovespinach Wed 22-Oct-08 08:14:53

thanks a lot...just wanted to make sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now