Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

can anyone who parks on double yellow lines in front of their school please explain....

(14 Posts)
braveandcrazy Tue 21-Oct-08 21:29:30

... why they think they have a God given right to do this?

I am new to the dropping off at school thing and after one month I felt like a rant.

why oh why do you do it? angry

ladymariner Tue 21-Oct-08 21:30:45

Because they're selfish arses

bramblebooks Tue 21-Oct-08 21:30:54

Maybe it's because they can't park their cars on the pavement like some of the other mummies. Yes you, you with your massive great vehicle that's parked on the pavement on the corner so that people with buggies can't get past - you know who you are!

Ah! that's a bit better!

Carmenere Tue 21-Oct-08 21:31:03

Ah they are the same ones who let their dc's run around coffee shops. the ones who think their peace of mind/tardiness ect is more important than others.

ladymariner Tue 21-Oct-08 21:32:00

Or churches.......

DesperateHousewifeToo Tue 21-Oct-08 21:32:33

There was a van outside dd's school last week to catch all the parents who do this.

Couldn't help grinning to myself.

Unfortunately, many of the children noticed it and, I think, tipped their parents offsad

LittleBellaLugosi Tue 21-Oct-08 21:34:43

Because being rude and inconsiderate in a car, is somehow looked upon wiht more indulgent than outside of a car.

Just as killing someone is.

There's something about getting in a car, whcih makes normal behaviour not necessary any more.

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Tue 21-Oct-08 21:36:28

I live in a small road with a nursery at one end and a primary school at the other.

I am this close to going outside at 8.30am and keying every single car double parked, parked on the pavement and on the double yellows angry

and let's not even get started on the ones who drive down the pavement WHICH MY FRONT DOOR OPENS STRAIGHT ONTO SO YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR LIFE IN YOUR HANDS TO GO OUT!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

peacelily Tue 21-Oct-08 21:38:56

dd (2) goes to nuresry not school but there are plenty of similr offenders there makes me angry

However i live opposite 2 primary schools and have to park n he road myself and the consistent selfishness and inconsiderate attitude of the parents dropping off makes me fume. Regularly amkes me late for work.

And i'm ariad it's usually the more well heeled (judging by their tanks/pose mobiles) who are the culprits, in act there are a couple of persistent offenders who drive swanky vehicles. Hmm sense of entitlement me thinks.....hmm

braveandcrazy Tue 21-Oct-08 21:40:51

I really really would like to hear from someone who actually does this - go on admit it! Or do you feel guilty and know it's wrong?

If not please read this thread (or threads oops sorry I double posted!) and think twice before doing it tomorrow morning, please!

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 21:42:33

Some things I am guilty of wink

Not this.

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 21:42:35

Some things I am guilty of wink

Not this.

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 21:43:06

bugger, how did that happen

braveandcrazy Tue 21-Oct-08 21:46:02

Don't worry scary I posted the thread twice and am now trying to respond to both! Happens to us all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now