Talk

Advanced search

To hate the way that some tragedies are reported.....

(10 Posts)
scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 19:19:13

I was going to post this in the news section but it has really pissed me off.

The terrible accident on the M6 where 6 people in a family were killed is the one I mean. I heard a reporter on the radio saying that the police had described the scene as "like a warzone".

I am sure that is a great comfort to friends and relatives of that family.

It fucking makes me sick how it has to be sensationalised in this way. Are the bare facts not bad enough. ??

expatinscotland Tue 21-Oct-08 19:20:16

reporters always say that and it's also insulting to people who have been and work in real warzones, too.

no comparison.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 19:21:44

well it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the reporter has actually been in a war zone.

Still very tasteless

expatinscotland Tue 21-Oct-08 19:22:53

road accidents v. roadside bombing.n

nope, still don't see the comparison.

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 19:26:39

When I hear that phrase, it makes me think of burned people and body parts littering the road.

Sooooo tactless and upsetting for anyone (never mind how family/frinds feel!) and totally un-necessary to use such sensationalism.

I feel sick.

compo Tue 21-Oct-08 19:27:13

was that today?

AbbeyA Tue 21-Oct-08 19:27:39

I hate it. Having been the person in a tragedy I found it very upsetting and will never talk to a journalist again.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 19:28:36

it was late last night.

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 19:34:45

last night I think, or early this morning

BreevandercampLGJ Tue 21-Oct-08 19:41:00

That is terrible, but what annoyed me about the first BBC report was the police are interviewing a foreign lorry driver.

FFS, he could have been from down the road the fact remains he was being interviewed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now