Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wish tailgaters would flip their cars over and crash headon into a tree?

(40 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:35:30

I hate hate hate hate people who SEE MY FECKIN KIDS IN THE BACKSEAT AND RIDE MY ASS BECAUSE I'M GOING 10 MPH OVER THE SPEED LIMIT AND THAT STILL ISN'T FAST ENOUGH FOR THEM

mice Tue 21-Oct-08 18:36:58

I don't like them - but wish no horrific accident on anyone - regardless of their crap driving abilities.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Tue 21-Oct-08 18:39:19

there was a terrible accident on the motorway last night, 6 people have died in one car

I admit to getting frustrated when people are driving 20mph under the limit in good driving conditions but never tailgate.

misdee Tue 21-Oct-08 18:40:48

hate tailgaters. but dont break the speed limit.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:42:28

i read about that elf. dangerous driving by lorry driver wasn't it?

I have no sympathy for people who endanger or even kill others because THEY are in such a hurry. And I do admit to wishing he'd run himself off the road before he took me or anyone else off with him.

He was going to the petrol station ffs. Not like he was a doctor on call in an emergency (well then he'd have a blue light on his car)

ElfOnTheTopShelf Tue 21-Oct-08 18:42:44

DH tends to slow down uses the gears when there are tailgaters rather than touching the breaks - he says that people generally back off as they assume you cannot drive grin

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:43:02

misdee I was trying to get away from him. He was scaring the life out of me.

WayneAteASlob Tue 21-Oct-08 18:43:23

Yes YABVU - that is a horrible horrible thing to say. Hate them all you want but do not wish an accident on them.

Shame on you.

SqueakyPop Tue 21-Oct-08 18:44:03

I would slow down when someone does this (I wouldn't generally drive 10mph over to begin with).

If they do run into you, there will be a lot less damage at 30mph as there would be at 40mph.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Tue 21-Oct-08 18:44:55

from the sounds of it, yes. They're questionning a driver of one of the lorries.
I think they'd initially said 5 people, but now 6 saying there was a "very small child" in the car as well - but they dont actually know for sure.

WorzselMummage Tue 21-Oct-08 18:45:29

If i dont have DD i usually slow right down to piss them off as much as possible.

nooOOOoonki Tue 21-Oct-08 18:47:08

YABU - to smash head on

but assuming you just want them to smash up their cars and not get hurt. YANBU at all

I always slow down and brake a lot ... bastards.

chequersandchess Tue 21-Oct-08 18:48:37

One scared the crap out of me driving on country lanes recently. He was really disturbing me, then a tractor came round a corner in the middle of the road and I swerved and kerbed the car.

I ended up with a flat tyre but carried onto the nearest village because the stupid bastard was right behind me still and I had DD in the car and he was frightening me.

When I pulled over he pulled over too to tell me I had a flat tyre. Thanks for that mate.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:49:03

well then i'm an awful person i guess.

i did actually touch the brakes a couple of times to try to get him to back off and he was going so fast and the road was wet that he swerved.

And I DIDN'T CARE.

SqueakyPop Tue 21-Oct-08 18:50:44

You have to do more than just touch the brakes. You have to slow down and stay at your lower speed - or even just let him overtake you (slowing down is very helpful on making this happen).

MrsMattie Tue 21-Oct-08 18:51:07

You're in Ireland aren't you?@Kerry

The roads there give me nightmares. Everyone drives up each other's arses and overtakes in silly, silly places, especially in rural areas. Scares the life out of me.

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Tue 21-Oct-08 18:52:07

yanbu, i hate these bastards

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:52:08

yes ireland.

i pulled over as far as i could but no shoulder on this road and double lines down the middle - suprised that stopped him.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:53:20

he did eventually go round me though gesticulating and screaming at me as he went past (and I am by no means a slow driver)

mice Tue 21-Oct-08 18:54:44

I would just pull over - or pull right to the side indicating when the road was clear so that they could pass.
Getting all stresse about it - as chequersandchess proves - leads us to drive out of our own comfort zne and to make silly mistakes.
I fully believe that no matter how many times I just touch the brakes or shout or gesticulate - if someone believes it is acceptable to drive like that - they will do it regradless of my actions.
I have no wish to endanger mine or any of my passengers lives - and for all I know they could have their own children/family in the car - and I would rather they were out of way so I could carry on driving how I feel safe.
People who drive like this are irresponsible and stupid - but still I would hate to find their car wrapped round a tree as much as I would hate to find anyone else.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 18:56:29

no it was a suit in a merc on his way home from work all by his lonesome. He was the one frothing at the mouth. I was jsut concentrating on him not killing us.

cocoleBOO Tue 21-Oct-08 18:57:50

My DH is a lorry driver, he flicks his lights on so it looks like he's applied his brakes, to slow them down. He was nearly wiped out by a joyrider today shock.

chequersandchess Tue 21-Oct-08 18:59:43

That's true mice, although in my defence I couldn't pull over or to the side as it was a narrow country lane.

NoBiggy Tue 21-Oct-08 19:03:38

The number of people that pass me (and the couple of cars ahead, in one go) on blind bends in the morning, in the dark, rain or fog, is unbelieveable.

That they haven't crashed into to some poor sod coming the other way is just luck.

This morning there was a near miss. God knows how he managed to drag his car back to the right side of the road - there was barely room for his car there.

I imgaine they're going to work. They must love their jobs.

mice Tue 21-Oct-08 19:04:18

I wasn't criticising you at all Chequersandchess - just really glad that you suffered no more damage than a flat tyre - I just know that when being hassled I don't concentrate as well - difficult on narrow country roads though. I now try to be stubborn and ignore them up my backside!
n a separate point I do fine these types of drivers are much more persistant if I am driving DH's car (big executive) rather than my (girly) car - does what you're driving make a difference do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now