Talk

Advanced search

How would you have reacted to this?

(77 Posts)
GhostlySinCity Tue 21-Oct-08 13:02:10

My grandma came to watch my sons play at the school. As the little ones were leaving the hall, one boy (about 5 years old) put his fists up to my grandma and made a 'come on!' style gesture at her!

Would you have just ignored it or mentioned it to a teacher?

zookeeper Tue 21-Oct-08 13:03:04

ignored it

DaisyMooSteiner Tue 21-Oct-08 13:03:38

I think I'd have forgotten about it by the time I got home. They're 5 year olds, it's not as though he actually mugged her!

AbbaFan Tue 21-Oct-08 13:04:25

ignored it - Im guessing she didn't though.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 21-Oct-08 13:04:34

ignored it probably. 5 year old children do tend to make silly faces/aggressive gestures etc. Obviously it isn't nice, but sometimes they don't realise the significance.

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 21-Oct-08 13:05:08

Message withdrawn

tessofthedurbervilles Tue 21-Oct-08 13:05:23

I would have mentioned it, after I had ran after him and clipped him round the ear shouting 'you rude little boy I'll teach you manners'
Or maybe I should just stay away from society for a bit longer....

DaphneMoon Tue 21-Oct-08 13:06:00

What exactly was he getting at. Was it a come on type of football yes we are the greatest or a come on I'm going to mug you?

Actually I wouldn't have ignored it though I would have grabbed the shit little boy and asked him exactly what he meant by that.

Blu Tue 21-Oct-08 13:06:22

I'd have laughed

Tamarto Tue 21-Oct-08 13:06:35

It's not his fault he's never seen the ocean wink

Rubyrubyruby Tue 21-Oct-08 13:06:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GhostlySinCity Tue 21-Oct-08 13:06:51

No we ignored it and laughed about it afterward but the next day I saw said kid asking another little boy if he wanted to feel his fist in his mouth! His so called mother is OBVIOUSLY trying to bring him up like that. It annoys me. One day someone will probably turn around and punch him on the nose and his mother will wonder why.

Rubyrubyruby Tue 21-Oct-08 13:08:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DaphneMoon Tue 21-Oct-08 13:08:33

I'm quite surprised by some of the answers on here! What do you mean ignore it, that's what kids do, he is an asbo waiting to happen etc.

If my child made a gesture at an old lady like that I would be mortified and have punished him suitably. You can't ignore something like that FGS. This is how the little fucking brats turn into ASBO's. I was brought up to respect my elders. It makes me shudder sometimes at the little respect they get these days.

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 21-Oct-08 13:08:46

Message withdrawn

LouMacca Tue 21-Oct-08 13:09:03

Charming little boy hmm

morningpaper Tue 21-Oct-08 13:09:05

I would bark "Hey, show some respect" at said boy, who probably would have spat at me

When I see rude children like this I have an almost uncontrollable urge to punch them

that's not very good is it

Blu Tue 21-Oct-08 13:09:18

How depressing.

DS has a friend who has perfectly 'nice' but unthinking parents - his dad used to tense his stomach muscles and encourage him to punch him when he was 4 and 5.

Guess who, now 7, got a yellow card at school for punching someone this week?

GhostlySinCity Tue 21-Oct-08 13:09:53

I did wonder if he'd ever seen the ocean but even so, I don't think it's any excuse to act like that.

MrsMattie Tue 21-Oct-08 13:10:18

I would have said something gentle but firm, like 'hey, come on now, that's not very nice, is it?'

Not a huge deal, though, is it? 5 yr olds are...urm...five, after all.

GhostlySinCity Tue 21-Oct-08 13:10:54

And to those who think it should be ignored, what if your kid had done it, would you have been fine with that too?

Blu Tue 21-Oct-08 13:11:34

Daphne - if MY child did that to anyone we would be talking about it VERY seriously. Not acceptable at all. But if a random child did it at school, I might say 'that's not very nice'.

DaphneMoon Tue 21-Oct-08 13:13:18

morningpaper, perfectly understandable. I find myself gritting my teeth with the same urge when I see unruly 'orrible kids. Having read the OP again I see it was her grandma, so she must be getting on a bit. Even worse IMO. I would have strung the little fucker up.

Grr I'm in a foul mood today sorry blush

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 21-Oct-08 13:14:00

Message withdrawn

DaphneMoon Tue 21-Oct-08 13:15:30

Blu, I was referring to my child. However if I witnessed another child doing that, I would say something to them or even approach the parent. 5yo or not there is no excuse for what sounds to me like threatening behaviour. Slippery slope as my DP says.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now