Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to wish people would mind there own business?

(33 Posts)
kayzisexpecting Mon 20-Oct-08 20:31:25

I've just got a text from a work collegue asking if I was drinking a glass of wine. I'm 31 weeks BTW.

She said she saw me in the kitchen drinking from a wine glass. I live in a first floor flat(until Saturdaygrin) so she must have actually tried to look in the window.

Yes I was enjoying a nice cold glass of Alcohol Free chardonnay(sp) and it was very nice.

This has really annoyed me. I'd never look into someone's window let alone text them and tell them I looked into their window.

AIBU or hormonal maybe?

WorzselMummage Mon 20-Oct-08 20:32:28

Nbu atall.

You should have said it was vodka.

shock

drainedbrain Mon 20-Oct-08 20:32:50

your colleague is mad and possibly a stalker

twocutedarlings Mon 20-Oct-08 20:34:08

YANBU i would have told her that you had just finished the bottle and was about to open the gin!

Boco Mon 20-Oct-08 20:34:13

She sounds a bit crazy. Have you got a big bong you could position in the window? Maybe strap on a tourniquet and brace yourself against the window?

LadySanders Mon 20-Oct-08 20:34:15

was she making a light hearted joke? could she have been just passing while jogging and happened to look in?

LadyOfRoffle Mon 20-Oct-08 20:34:25

What a weirdo!!!

RhinestoneCowghoul Mon 20-Oct-08 20:34:48

Even if you were having wine, wgat business of hers??

stalkerish behaviour I agree...

MrsSnape Mon 20-Oct-08 20:36:10

I agree, you should have said it was Vodka and told her you can't get through the day without a few bottles of the stuff.

YANBU. I hate people like this.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 20-Oct-08 20:37:19

That's pretty mad.

It's worth remembering that if people just minded their own business, they'd have nearly nothing to talk about on MN.

ilovemyghds Mon 20-Oct-08 20:37:41

yanbu - that is out of order

kayzisexpecting Mon 20-Oct-08 20:39:05

She was on her way home from work. I got DH some beer the other week and she moaned at me for that too.

I haven't replied as I'm not sure what to answer to it.

Quattrocento Mon 20-Oct-08 20:39:23

You need net curtains

TwoFoggyToSee Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:06

Ask her if it was when you were shagging against the fridge or table?

solidgoldskullonastick Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:35

How do you feel about her generally? Basically, possibility a) is as Ladysanders said, she was passing and caught a glimpse and meant the text to be a bit of a joke. If she is someone you generally like, who is not self-righteous or intrusive, then that's most likely.

However, if she is generally nosy, officious and interfering then she actually needs the equivalent of a good kick in the fanjo, because spying on a work colleague to this extent is unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour. Send her a text back along the lines of 'If you spy on your colleagues they are going to start thinking you either have mental health problems or need to get a life. Why don't you go and have a big drink somewhere not close to me?'

kayzisexpecting Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:41

Thats very true NotQuiteCockney. We would all be bored.

2point4kids Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:41

Have you replied back yet?
I'd reply and say 'it is alcohol free, but how on earth did you see? I live on the first floor. Were you up a ladder peering through my windows?'
If you reply and say it was vodka she'll probably spread rumours at your work about you being an alkie, this way she gets to look like a freaky stalker!

kayzisexpecting Mon 20-Oct-08 20:45:59

Solidgold, don't get me wrong she is a nice person and likes trying to help people. Maybe a bit to much but she is strange.

She can be very funny about new people at work, tells people that people have said things about them when they haven't and generally tries to stir things.

She has recently been very nasty about a fairly new member of staff and I didn't like it so spoke to our supervisor, who had a word with her and she denied it all. She then told the person she was slagging off that it was me that said the stuff about her.

LynetteScavo Mon 20-Oct-08 20:48:26

LOL @ twofoggy!

solidgoldskullonastick Mon 20-Oct-08 20:52:12

Kayzi, she's a nut and going to get worse. This is not 'nice' behaviour, this is inappropriate, troublemaking behaviour.Speak to your supervisor and explain exactly what happened - that the woman could not have 'casually' seen into your house and that you think she is losing touch with reality a bit.

kayzisexpecting Mon 20-Oct-08 20:59:21

My supervisor is also my best friend so I just had to text her to tell her what happened.

Luckily we are moving at the weekend so we wont be on a main road.

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 20-Oct-08 21:08:32

Just ignore the text.

If she asks you, act as though you did not receive it. Sounds attention seeking.

MyPumpkinDsHappyHalloweenBday Mon 20-Oct-08 21:12:57

solid so funny.

She sounds nuts to me, dont tell her where you are moving to, and not invite her around when your baby is born. I dont trust people like that.
She is probally jelous.
BINT

MyPumpkinDsHappyHalloweenBday Mon 20-Oct-08 21:14:06

fanjo bit was funny,

kayzisexpecting Mon 20-Oct-08 21:18:59

She is amazing with my DS, which we do find strange as she has no kids, not married and lives at home.

But she is so good with kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now