Talk

Advanced search

that ds has no new reward stickers

(8 Posts)
Sunshine78 Mon 20-Oct-08 17:46:23

I know its a little thing but on ds 1st day at school they were given a reward chart for stickers for 1st few weeks got one every few days. Then nothing for last 3 weeks. Tonight he has accidently brought someone elses book bag home so I hace sneeked a look at their chrt and its covered in stickers and some are really recent (teacher writes date and why next to sticker) I feel relly annoyed as he seems to be getting alright. Know its only a small thing to a grown up but to a 4 year old its a really big deal. Also having irrational thoughts of mum with my ds book bag looking at his chart and gloating her dc has more stickers (she knows she has wrong bag as have had a call from the school saying she has called them to tell them of mistake.

southernbelle77 Mon 20-Oct-08 17:50:17

Has your ds mentioned it to you before now?
I would probably feel the same tbh.
DD has just started school too and they got stickers first week or so but that soon stopped! No one gets them now though, well they do if they do really good work (not that I'm gloating that my 4 year old got Headteachers Award you understand ) but if everyone else was getting stickers and my dd wasn't then I would be questioning it.
Could you ask the teacher, saying your ds had asked why he wasn't getting stickers?

angrypixie Mon 20-Oct-08 17:53:37

You broke the golden rule and looked in another child's book bag shock Nothing good is ever learnt there!

Sunshine78 Mon 20-Oct-08 17:53:47

he mentioned it last week and I just brushed it ubder the carpet thought teacher was just being tight!

DH says to send a note in tomorrow about it I Just dont want the teacher to think I'm a pushy/pain in the backside parent.

sparklesandnowinefor4days Mon 20-Oct-08 17:57:41

....but then they will all know you have looked in the other childs book bag

OnlyTeaForMe Mon 20-Oct-08 17:58:06

If you send a note in, make sure you do it in a casual, 'I just happened to notice' sort of way.

This happened with Ds and housepoints - he came home saying he got them, but never ever seemed to appear on the 'top housepoints of the week' chart.

I dropped a note to the teacher saying 'can you let me know what the children get housepoints for, as X doesn't seem to ever make it onto the chart...'

Turned out that DS hadn't realised he had to 'show' them to the teacher, so they hadn't been put up....

I was glad I hadn't gone in all guns blazing! blush

But it all got sorted out....

Sunshine78 Mon 20-Oct-08 17:59:49

I didn't realise was wrong bag till I looked at chart - they all look the same now I feel crap. Never realised there was a golden rule aboutr not looking in other childrens book bags blush

melpomene Mon 20-Oct-08 20:43:47

I can see why you are annoyed, but if it's a big class and your ds is quietly getting on with things maybe the teacher doesn't notice him as much as she notices the other children who are more 'outgoing' and push themselves forward, either in a positive or negative way. In my dd1's classroom there is a chart on the wall and the person with the most 'stars' for good behaviour is a boy who has problems with his behaviour (I've witnessed his behaviour when helping in the classroom). I think that teachers often believe that the children who have difficulty behaving well need more encouragement and acknowledgment when they do behave acceptably, and there's some truth in that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now