Talk

Advanced search

to wish my son would stop wearing my good clothes?

(16 Posts)
hecAteTheirBrains Mon 20-Oct-08 17:30:47

If he has to be a lady, why can he not be a lady in my old scruffs? Why is it my decent stuff he always comes down in?
<sigh>
<looks across at ds2, looking splendid in my NEW tunic and the shoes I got married in. And a crown he made and covered in glitter.>

Would I be judged if I just bought him a couple of bridesmaids dresses off ebay?

LadyOfRoffle Mon 20-Oct-08 17:31:42

Check out the charity shops

lazarou Mon 20-Oct-08 17:31:53

Mine hobble round the garden naked with my heels on.

filz Mon 20-Oct-08 17:32:20

how old is he?

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 20-Oct-08 17:33:50

He's only 8.

I think I will have a look in charity shops as well as ebay. He'd love some.

filz Mon 20-Oct-08 17:35:10

he would still fit in dress up clothes (esp halloween ones atm)

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 20-Oct-08 17:38:58

yes, he's got loads.

a frog, a pirate, a cowboy, a skeleton (glow in the dark!) a tiger, a vampire...

He just is into dresses atm.

He loves dressing up. He was a tiger for 3 months! slept in it, went out in it - the only place he didn't wear it was school (except for dress up day, he wore it then!) apart from that, he lived in that tiger costume.

Now he's living in my best tops!!!!!

filz Mon 20-Oct-08 17:39:42

well charity shops it is then

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 20-Oct-08 17:40:56

yup.

Aren't kids weird?! grin

severmefingers Mon 20-Oct-08 20:28:58

Ok, i'm bracing myself for the phone call.
What do you want me to make him this time?
A princess costume? Fairy?I know, how about Frankenfurter, i can do the basque and suspender belt but you will have to buy the fishnets yourself.

fizzbuzz Mon 20-Oct-08 21:18:59

My dd loves my shoes so much I have to fight to put them on in the morning.

She had my lovely shoes on within an hour of purchase, and then weed on them (potty training not suceeding at that time)

They stood up to it well though!

hecAteTheirBrains Tue 21-Oct-08 07:53:55

Fizz - you still wear them? Do they not pong when your feet warm them up? grin

grin Sever - Does your dd have any girlie dresses in the back of the wardrobe that I could pinch?

Confession to MN - Sever makes most of the the above mentioned costumes which I then allow people to think that I have made, cos she lives far enough away to not know anyone I know. I am a horrible person. blush

I have also commissioned my dad to make cakes which I will present to school fairs looking all lovely and clearly home made and tasting to die for. Again, I will not volunteer a claim to have made them, but if people wish to jump to that conclusion, well, it would be rude to correct them....

giveyourselftheshining Tue 21-Oct-08 07:58:52

ive a great princess dress he would love!! i can send you a picture, very flouncy

giveyourselftheshining Tue 21-Oct-08 08:00:22

ive a great princess dress he would love!! i can send you a picture, very flouncy

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 21-Oct-08 08:05:45

Definitely check out charity shops - I'm always on the look out for little shiny dresses there (and tops) that can go in DD's dressing up box. The more glittery the better.

hecAteTheirBrains Tue 21-Oct-08 18:26:57

Well, thanks to sever, ds2 now has (and is proudly wearing) a lovely lacy frilly purple party dress covered in sequins. And he is chuffed with it! Thanks Sever grin

And thanks Give, it was very kind of you smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now