Talk

Advanced search

To think I shouldn't be called a rude bitch when just trying to be helpful?

(24 Posts)
TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 20-Oct-08 15:53:27

Well it's an odd story really.

I was just in a local shop, as I was leaving I saw a woman with a double pram outside clearly about to come in, so I swang the door right back and held it open.

I then realised her toddler was trying to push the door open and she stumbled a little but didn't fall.

The mother gave me such a dirty look and said 'oh I suppose we need to feed you more vegetables darling' to her DD.
Then as she came ito the shop, with me still holding the door hissed 'you rude bitch' at me.

Odd.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Mon 20-Oct-08 15:54:45

sad What a horrible woman.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Mon 20-Oct-08 15:55:13

her, not you. smile

wahwah Mon 20-Oct-08 15:55:15

V.odd-she must have thought you were trying to harm her toddler by being helpful. How bizarre.

TskullsScreaming Mon 20-Oct-08 15:55:20

shock Some veeeery tetchy people out there and no mistake.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Mon 20-Oct-08 15:56:23

what a cow shock her obv.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 20-Oct-08 15:56:50

I thought so.

Just had a moment of panic thinking maybe I should have noticed them.

lizziemun Mon 20-Oct-08 15:57:10

She must have been looking at her own relection.

I would have next time i see her i wait untill she struggled and opened the door.

Liffey Mon 20-Oct-08 15:57:38

People are very odd. When I had a double buggy I was always pathetically grateful to anybody who held door open, even for a second.

I was driving home from school recently and I pulled in to let a woman pass by on a thin road. She was shouting at me, I could hear it through two panes of glass. I could see her lips form in the shape of 'fuck you' quite clearly. Very weird. I was expecting "thank you".

Nowt so strange as folk indeed.

lizziemun Mon 20-Oct-08 15:57:39

Sorry i would have said

mabel1973 Mon 20-Oct-08 15:57:42

i hope she was just having an off day!!! for her kids sake!!

why would you see a 2ft tall toddler on the other side of a shop door?

Tortington Mon 20-Oct-08 15:57:46

you really live an odd odd life TDWP

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 20-Oct-08 15:59:07

I know, and I do know mine as toddlers delighted in opening doors and pressing traffic lights buttons etc but I'd never get so rude as this, I'd be grateful ffs.
Not sure why it's wound me up so much really, maybe I'm just having a bad day all round.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 20-Oct-08 16:00:14

Why custy?

smugmumofboys Mon 20-Oct-08 16:00:28

Daft bint.

Give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was having a bad day.

I had a similar situation the other week where I stopped and waited in the car for a woman with a buggy and toddler to walk round a badly parked car and to get back on the pavement safely. Woman turned and said something which I couldn't hear obv. This turned out to be "stupid cow" as her toddler shouted it across the road at me as I got out of my car.

Classy.

I'll mow her down next time. hmm

smugmumofboys Mon 20-Oct-08 16:02:24

We seem to have similar locals Liffey.

Liffey Mon 20-Oct-08 16:03:46

Oh yes trafflic light buttons! My 3 yr old still presses every traffic light button we passed, and an old man accused me of bringing the traffic in ** to a complete standstill. (It's always bad, but I don't think my 3 yr old is entirely responsible).

GhostlySinCity Mon 20-Oct-08 16:03:48

She's probably never seen the ocean. Still very rude though sad

MorrisZapp Mon 20-Oct-08 16:55:40

Bonkers.

Reminds me of the time when I saw a wee girl get her shoelace trapped in the escalator at John Lewis. The girl screamed in panic, but her mum had marched on without her and didn't hear. A man leaned over and calmly yanked the shoelace out and the girl was free. By this time the mum had arrived back on the scene, and she yanked her daughter away by the hand, scowling accusingly at the man who had just helped her.

It's like - come near me or my children, have anything to do with me or my children, and I hate you. It's a sad sign of the times.

hifi Mon 20-Oct-08 17:24:09

maybe she thought you were barging out.

scaryfucker Mon 20-Oct-08 17:33:55

ghostlysincity, what is this obsession with seeing the ocean hmm

StayFrostyShiversDownMySpine Mon 20-Oct-08 17:39:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cory Mon 20-Oct-08 19:24:32

Morris, I got the same dirty look from the woman whose toddler I saved from running into the road in front of a car. You see, I touched the child with my unhallowed hands.

Upwind Mon 20-Oct-08 19:31:26

Some people are so miserable with chips on their shoulders that they assume that any contact with other human beings is negative.

On a happier note, today in the pouring rain I wrenched open the heavy door to a Maplin to let a man with a buggy in. He was so very grateful it gave me a warm glow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now