Talk

Advanced search

to feel that a freecycle person calling without asking at 8.30a.m is rude?

(7 Posts)
tatt Sun 19-Oct-08 07:19:48

offered something on freecycle saying I'd be willing to drop it off. Someone responded who lived around the corner so I emailed to say they could collect that night or I'd drop it off next time I was passing. They replied saying they hadn't seen the message but would come Saturday morning. I e-mailed back that was inconvenient, I'd drop it off when I could. So they turn up at 8.30 on Saturday morning and then e-mail later that they hadn't seen my message saying it wasn't convenient.

Wondering whether to reply saying the kids could have been asleep in bed and maybe they should check next time.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sun 19-Oct-08 07:22:48

if no harm was done, I'd just leave it and move on. smile

bellabelly Sun 19-Oct-08 07:25:17

To be honest, I would say a lot (about 50%) of the freecyclers I've given stuff to seem to be either a) very rude or b) a bit bonkers. I think you are right - basically, they are getting something for nowt, they should bloody well fit in with YOUR schedule, not dictate when they want to drop by.

AnguaVonUberwald Sun 19-Oct-08 07:25:55

I think anyone who thinks its OK to turn up at 8.30 on a Saturday morning, without an explicit OK is being rude!

bellabelly Sun 19-Oct-08 07:27:56

And before anyone says I'm being hoity-toity, I have had some great stuff off freecycle myself and would NEVER just turn up at someone's place unexpectedly for stuff. Nor would I be late (6 hours in one case!) or just fail to turn up at all, having said I REALLY wanted something. Some people are just v flaky.

tatt Sun 19-Oct-08 12:51:10

respectable looking women with small dog - which I suppose is why I felt inclined to point out how rude they were being. If it was today they would have woken veryone up.

monkeymonkeymonkey Sun 19-Oct-08 13:16:27

Totally rude.
I've given up trying to offer stuff on freecycle, as people are so unlikely to turn up when they say they will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now