Talk

Advanced search

to think my friend shouldn't use formula just so she can have a drink and an unbroken nights sleeph

(184 Posts)
typo Sat 18-Oct-08 16:26:35

My friend is mixed feeding, she gives a couple of bottles of formula in the day.

Her dd is 10 weeks and she told me tat tonight her dd is going to have formula in the night even though she is always b/f at night. She said she is going to have a few drinks then slee in the spare room whuile DH does this one night duty.

AIBU to think that this is selfish and that her dd shoud not be denied breast milk just for her own selfish reasons?

wheniwasyoung Sat 18-Oct-08 16:27:46

Oh my. This is going to go nuclear.

Happy Mum = Happy Baby.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 18-Oct-08 16:28:04

None of your business. YABU.

ilove Sat 18-Oct-08 16:28:17

No. YABU. Good on her for recognising that a full nights sleep in ten weeks is the best thing for her.

scorpio1 Sat 18-Oct-08 16:28:45

YABU

whats wrong with a break? baby has formula anyway.....her dh will be doing it so no 'drunk' person...

don't see a problem? Esp as one off

BreevandercampLGJ Sat 18-Oct-08 16:28:51

And it is your business why ??

What an judgmental "friend" you are.

Beak out, nothing to do with you.

BloodAndMutts Sat 18-Oct-08 16:28:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

McDreamy Sat 18-Oct-08 16:29:19

Yes you are, if that's what she needs then she should do it. As others have said I'm afraid it's none of your business.

MrsMattie Sat 18-Oct-08 16:29:32

What's the difference between doing this and expressing so you can have a night off? Really? And what is so selfish about wanting a 'night off'. Different folks and all that.

I think you should chill out about your friend's life and concentrate on your own, frankly

unknownrebelbang Sat 18-Oct-08 16:29:45

YABU.

MamaChris Sat 18-Oct-08 16:29:54

if the baby is mixed fed and happy on it, why is it a problem? I would have loved a proper drink at 10 weeks! (Still would...) It's only 1 night. Oh, and this is your friend's baby, not yours, it's up to her how she feeds her. YABU

fishie Sat 18-Oct-08 16:30:02

motherhood shouldn't be such a grim prospect that you can't have any fun or a break without being branded selfish. would you feel the same if it were expressed milk?

i have always drunk and bf but not so much that i couldn't wake up and feed at 3am. although if she carries on giving lots of formula she may find it is the end of bf.

AbbaFan Sat 18-Oct-08 16:31:11

Sounds like a great plan to me. I expect she is bloody knackered and feels like a glass of wine for the 1st time in months.

monkeymonkeymonkey Sat 18-Oct-08 16:31:50

The baby has formula anyway so what difference does this make?

ranting Sat 18-Oct-08 16:32:37

Get a hobby, it'll stop you obsessing about other peoples lives'.

typo Sat 18-Oct-08 16:32:58

Well she has had a cold and said she needed a proper nights sleep, which I can understand but now has decided to have a drink as well as the baby will be having formula.

I just feel sorry for the baby having more formula than she would otherwise.

abbierhodes Sat 18-Oct-08 16:33:38

I sincerely hope this is a wind up!!! I'm glad you're not my friend.
How dare you sit here mumsnetting for your own selfish pleasure, surely you could be doing something useful for your precious children?

wannaBe Sat 18-Oct-08 16:33:43

POPCORN ANYONE?

monkeymonkeymonkey Sat 18-Oct-08 16:34:01

Will a couple of extra bottles make any difference to the baby though?

AbbaFan Sat 18-Oct-08 16:35:16

oh FFS - Save your sorry's for all the babies around the world that are actually dying of starvation.

SheikYerbouti Sat 18-Oct-08 16:35:22

Keep you beak out of her business, you nosy fucker.

I take it you are perfect in every way?

I'm glad you aren't my friend.

foxytocin Sat 18-Oct-08 16:37:17

shitstirrin nannygoatgruff

BreevandercampLGJ Sat 18-Oct-08 16:37:35

Snort at IGW. grin

wannaBe Sat 18-Oct-08 16:37:39

Why exactly do you "feel sorry for the baby" Do you really think the baby is going to care? To the baby it's milk. he's hungry, he cries, someone feeds him. As he's used to having formula as well as breastmilk I very much doubt it will make a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now