Talk

Advanced search

to be irrationally annoyed by the name XP calls DD?

(17 Posts)
Aimsmum Fri 17-Oct-08 18:30:56

Message withdrawn

seeker Fri 17-Oct-08 18:38:26

If she doen't mind then it's up to him what he calls her. Sorry - but you are BU - and I'm afraid you'll have to bite your tongue and kick the wall when they've left!

FattipuffsandThinnifers Fri 17-Oct-08 18:39:19

If you're BU then so am I cos it drives me mad that DP (still current!) calls DS 'bubs' sometimes. <clenches teeth>

If I was in your situation I would respond in exactly that way. Wonder if, as you say he's doing it because of their surname (presumably not yours then?), maybe he knows it will wind you up? YANBU.

Liffey Fri 17-Oct-08 18:40:11

That's all he's got Aimsmum. It's his version of urinating around her.

My ex does this too. He says "come on private Gillespie" Sargeant Gillespie says hurry!

Some kind of ludicrous team bonding exercise I can only presume.

Well, he has the same sur name as them. I'll give him that. He doesn't give us any money or visit if it's even slightly inconvenient or expensive.

Liffey Fri 17-Oct-08 18:40:37

Message withdrawn

luckylady74 Fri 17-Oct-08 18:40:41

He's trying to assert some ownership of her - annoying for you, but natural I suppose!

nolongeraworriedmummy Fri 17-Oct-08 18:41:55

my family call dd lucy locket, her name is nothing like lucy [confused emotion]

Aimsmum Fri 17-Oct-08 18:49:06

Message withdrawn

ALMummy Fri 17-Oct-08 19:57:49

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Fri 17-Oct-08 20:34:18

Message withdrawn

saggyhairyarse Fri 17-Oct-08 20:58:56

ALMummy, I would find myself saying "Mum, you do realise that X is her middle name, and that we called her Y don't you"?

mylittlescarypumpkin Fri 17-Oct-08 21:02:49

My exP calls DD by the male version/ equivalent of her name. So YANBU if I'm not - drives me crazy too.

deste Fri 17-Oct-08 21:23:31

FattipuffsandThinnifers my DD is called Bubbles sometimes and she loves it. When my niece asked what her name was at birth we said Sophie. She said Sophie bubbles as in soapy bubbles. She is now 22.

MissBegottenMoggy Fri 17-Oct-08 21:27:58

I split up with ex when ds was about 2 for the next 18 months xp didn't take up the contact that was offered. During that time, I legally changed the surname of my ds as I was sick of being called Mrs X (his name not mine).

When xp did eventually decide to come back into ds' life he refused to accept the name change and even now 5.5 years later sends christmas cards etc with his name on them. He has no need to post anything as he regularly sees ds now but it is for my benefit not ds'. Needless to say, I ignore it.

yanbu imo just don't give him the satisfaction - rise above it, your dd knows her name.

saffiw Fri 17-Oct-08 21:34:02

Well.
I inadvertantly changed my nephews name. And I feel very lucky my sister didn't kill me, or at least maim me for life.
Dnephew's name is Harry and my sister and her husband nick named him Ree (which if I'm honest I hated) so I called him Haz once or twice, he then informed everyone his name was Haz not Ree.

spottyzebrahasthelurgy Fri 17-Oct-08 21:36:38

how old is he?
he might be calling her g as in gangster?
you know like in hiphop
does say wass up g
?

WinkyWinkola Fri 17-Oct-08 21:43:39

YABU.

Do you only call her Amy? Don't you have a pet name for her? My DCs have loads.

It'll pass, calling her G. But something else will take it's place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now