Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be pee'd off with money grabbing buttholes who buy up concert tickets and sell them at extortionate prices???

(24 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Fri 17-Oct-08 17:58:59

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Fri 17-Oct-08 18:41:26

Message withdrawn

2shoesdrippingwithblood Fri 17-Oct-08 18:42:37

no yanbu gets on my nerves.

staryeyed Fri 17-Oct-08 19:20:28

I hate this too but some people on here say its just capitalism. I call it greed and too think it should be illegal.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 17-Oct-08 21:21:35

Message withdrawn

RipMacWinkle Fri 17-Oct-08 21:27:56

I agree. I hate, hate, hate this too.

However, worth calling the venue or ticket agency tomorrow or in a couple of days time? I did this when Oasis sold out recently and managed to get a couple about a week later. I saw someone mention it on another forum.

soultaken Fri 17-Oct-08 21:30:15

YANBU - the artists resent it enormously too. Soon the type of procedure that stewiegriffinsmom describes will be standard practice, thank god.

thisisyesterday Fri 17-Oct-08 21:34:06

it IS illegal. it is legal to sell tickets on for their face value.

it is NOT legal to sell them for more. that is touting.

TheSmallClanger Fri 17-Oct-08 21:36:14

YANBU at all. Greedy bastards.

Do try the box office directly though, like Rip says. They sometimes have a small number of reserved tickets that they will sell to people who ask nicely.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 17-Oct-08 21:46:04

Message withdrawn

mumhadenough Fri 17-Oct-08 22:11:34

YANBU. I tried desperately to get tickets for Lee Evans for our wedding anniversary next week, but had no chance.

They're now selling for a fortune on Ebay and dh is desperate to go, it'd make him really happy. I've tried to get them and would pay up to £50 each (£30 face value) but there's no way I'm paying any more than that.

I suppose I shouldn't even encourage it should I? {angry]

mumhadenough Fri 17-Oct-08 22:12:10

or even angry

LaDiDaDi Fri 17-Oct-08 22:15:52

I know how you feel. I looked into getting Dp killers tickets for Xmas, pair of tickets face value total £70 selling for £206 shock!

TheHedgeWitch Fri 17-Oct-08 23:40:42

Message withdrawn

AnathemaDevice Fri 17-Oct-08 23:42:40

My brother has recently started doing this- buying tickets and sticking them on ebay for a profit. I've told him he's a scumbag, he says he doesn't care. Yes, I'm ashamed of his attitude, and hope that it backfres on him somehow.
I hope more venues/artists take up the idea of havng names and photos on tickets, like Glastonbury tickets have had for the last couple of years. It's a great system, ok, so it's a bit of a faff at frst, but it means the people who genuinely want to go to the gig/festval/whatever get to go, and the scummy touts don't make nay money.

LynetteScavo Fri 17-Oct-08 23:54:17

It's horrid.....it pisses me off....and I've had to paid a fortune to ticket companies just to get tickets for what I want to see.

Even by joining certain fanclubs, I've still only been able to get tickets with hotel included.

elkiedee Sat 18-Oct-08 00:00:14

I think it's appalling, and I'm glad that in the year I made a New Year's Resolution to go to as many gigs as possible, none of the people I wanted to see were such big names and I had no problems getting tickets for any of them. It was well timed as well, as in September I realised I was pregnant - makes going to things harder though I hope to get to some less competitive to get in festivals and stuff in the next few years.

Sorry Hedgewitch that you can't get the tickets you wanted.

mumhadenough Sat 18-Oct-08 00:27:08

have managed to get tickets for Lee Evans for Thursday night, getting the two for £100 which was my my max, from Gumtree.

Metting the guy tomorrow outside an underground station in Glasgow. Grudge paying it, but we both REALLY want to see him!

RipMacWinkle Sat 18-Oct-08 07:24:27

Argh mumhadenough - just saw your message and was coming on here to check whether you were in Glasgow. My mate has 6 tickets for Lee Evans he's looking to offload face value!!

Argh, double argh!!!!

mayorquimby Sat 18-Oct-08 09:18:10

"it IS illegal. it is legal to sell tickets on for their face value.

it is NOT legal to sell them for more. that is touting. "

just on this.i think that is only in the immediate vicinity of the venue. i.e. the people shouting "TICKETS...ANYONE BUYNG OR SELLING TICKETS...."
i don't think it's illegal to do it on-line/ arranged weeks before the event.although someone better informed might correct me.

mayorquimby Sat 18-Oct-08 09:18:11

"it IS illegal. it is legal to sell tickets on for their face value.

it is NOT legal to sell them for more. that is touting. "

just on this.i think that is only in the immediate vicinity of the venue. i.e. the people shouting "TICKETS...ANYONE BUYNG OR SELLING TICKETS...."
i don't think it's illegal to do it on-line/ arranged weeks before the event.although someone better informed might correct me.

jammi Sat 18-Oct-08 09:24:14

Message withdrawn

malovitt Sat 18-Oct-08 09:41:25

Always try again later in the day/early evening.

If it's a big venue, it takes time to go through the authorisation of all the credit cards.

A fair number are declined through incorrect numbers being read out or not having enough funds, then those tickets are released again for sale.

I got Killers tickets through this method.

If you don't get any like that, wait until nearer the date of the gig. The prices will drop.

mumhadenough Sat 18-Oct-08 16:47:42

Arggghhh Ripmacwinkle, even biger ARGGHHHH. Oh well, i've bought them now sad at least I'm going smile.

I know people who are still wanting tickets though if he is still looking to sell them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now