Talk

Advanced search

AIBU being abit upset by Colleen Nolan.........????

(68 Posts)
blossomsmine Thu 16-Oct-08 23:12:23

I'm sure you will let me know if i am.......... Well, day before yesterday i was watching Loose Women, i have always thought Colleen is quite funny and nice and lively, so abit shocked with myself for getting the hump with her and wanting to phone in and complain!!! They started talking about the 'credit crunch' and people being hard up etc., etc., Colleens contribution to this was to tell people to calm down, stop panicking and just relax and chill out about it...........she said it all in abit of a sarcastic way..... Well this bloody annoyed me to be honest, my dh is a builder, who is addicted to work and would go to work half dead if he had to, of course his industry has been hit hard, no work and no sign or work either, we are skint, only had about £200 coming in in the last couple of weeks. Alright for her to make these flippant comments when she is quite clearly not living in the REAL world.
What do you reckon then.....?

Lauriefairycake Thu 16-Oct-08 23:14:04

erm....it's Loose Women not ch4 News grin

calm down pet

<pats blossomsmine just a touch patronisingly gently>

mabanana Thu 16-Oct-08 23:14:08

Stop watching Loose Women you nana! It's rubbish brain rot and Coleen and her crew are morons! grin (but I mean it seriously)

BloodshotEyeballsintheScarySky Thu 16-Oct-08 23:15:52

I reckon that these people live in a world of their own and have no idea how it is for the little people. OK, the likes of Colleen Nolan wouldn't be that minted but I'm sure she's earning a darn sight more than a lot of us. I'm a bit sick of all these highly paid tv and radio people harping on about how we're all in for a hard time. Well we are, not so sure about them hmm

I don't think there's much point writing in but I can see why you're pissed off.

2shoesdrippingwithblood Thu 16-Oct-08 23:16:57

blossomsmine she is an air head.
sympathys as dh is in the same boat.

BetteNoire Thu 16-Oct-08 23:16:59

I'm just surprised it's taken you so long to realise that Colleen Nolan is a bit of a twat. wink
And..... she says she's in the mood for dancing, when clearly she isn't really. Her sisters are just as bad.shock

Monkeyblue Thu 16-Oct-08 23:18:24

Send this thread into her

blossomsmine Thu 16-Oct-08 23:19:59

Yeah, going to stop watching it for my own sanity!!!
Agree with what you say bseitss, i am also getting sick of all these people saying how tough everything is when they probably don't even know how much a loaf of bread is!
Just thought i would air my views with normal peoplegrin

Monkeyblue Thu 16-Oct-08 23:22:56

I stopped watching it a few months back got sick of hearing about their sex lifes who was getting it and who was`nt

Who gives a shit

blossomsmine Thu 16-Oct-08 23:23:52

Ooooh!! How can this thread be sent to loose women??? Would love to do that.....give them something to moan about at their 'desk' tomorrowwink
Thanks 2shoes, sorry you're in the same situation, horrible isn't it. My dh and his partner travelled miles the other day looking for work, nothing. One of his friends had his house repossessed the other day, so sad. They even went to the Olympic sites, which are apparantly running behind but was told nothing goingsad

Tidey Thu 16-Oct-08 23:58:36

She's not worrying because she lives on £1 cheesecakes from Iceland.

debzmb62 Thu 16-Oct-08 23:59:40

i see what you mean tbh normal people like that have to work to make a living and just get by normaly just scraping by paying bills buying food etc etc they not just colleen get paid loads don,t have to worry about robbing peter to pay paul if ygwim we have cut back on so much latey on lots of things it bloody hard bet the only thing she has to cut down is "emm" NOTHING !!the one that really does my head in is the carol women so so full of herself !!bunch of idiots

Claire236 Fri 17-Oct-08 07:48:15

Didn't see it admittedly but maybe she was talking about the obsession with house prices & banks rather than how it affected people on a daily basis. Not sure that made sense but I know what I meant.

beeny Fri 17-Oct-08 07:53:21

loose women is awful. The presenters are very stupid

Tommy Fri 17-Oct-08 07:59:01

if she's on, I always switch off. Can't bear her - she comes across as being extremely ignorant - and very stupid angry

JollyPirate Fri 17-Oct-08 08:01:22

Loose Women makes me reach for the mute/off/channel change button.

Pointless Stupid Women more like.

YANBU - they have NO idea.

darkpunk Fri 17-Oct-08 08:14:12

i remember when it first came out....the scottish one with short hair, she was good..cant remember her name?

haven't watched it for years..colleen being one of the reasons why.

MurderousMarla Fri 17-Oct-08 08:20:48

They're all a bunch of fucking morons to be honest, I can't bear to watch five minutes of it. Nasty unfunny hags.

BetteNoire Fri 17-Oct-08 09:20:16

It amuses me that Colleen Nolan is paraded as the daring, risque, razor-sharp witted face of daytime ITV.
Something must happen during transmission, as she just comes across as desperate, shouty and unpleasant.
If her ex got royalties every time she mentioned him, he'd never have to act again - although I admit that this would be a good thing.

cikecaka Fri 17-Oct-08 09:29:44

Kaye Adams was the scottish ones name. Would love to see her back on it

branflake81 Fri 17-Oct-08 09:33:47

Who is Colleen Nolan and what is Loose Women?

clam Fri 17-Oct-08 09:36:13

It has definitely dumbed down since Kaye Adams left. She went on maternity leave, but never came back.sad I liked her. She kept it a little bit above all the double entendres and man-bashing. But if we're talking shallow, silly and trite, what about that bloody Sherrie whatsit woman who used to be on Corrie! Now she does my head in. Although I no longer watch it, actually.

ivykaty44 Fri 17-Oct-08 09:39:07

You have to remember they don't live in the real world, they have no idea as their "people" protect them from this type of life unless it will help with their profile

potatofactory Fri 17-Oct-08 09:40:51

I hate the one who reckons she's wild because she drinks. And has sex. And talks about it. Brilliant. Well done love - triffic.

potatofactory Fri 17-Oct-08 09:42:39

I've got to say though, I have a soft spot for Denise whatsit - used to be on Waterloo Road (YAY) - she's still thick, though, I accept that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now