Talk

Advanced search

Virgin V+ box

(13 Posts)
staffylover Thu 16-Oct-08 18:43:03

We have one and it is a load of shite. It is very slow to change channel, misses the end of programmes that have been set to record, freezes very often. I used to have sky and I wish I could go back to them but I`m stuck in a 12 month contract. My advice is to stick with sky.

TheHedgeWitch Thu 16-Oct-08 19:06:43

Message withdrawn

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 16-Oct-08 19:14:31

But any digital device like this that records by the times that the programme is supposed to air is desperately out of date surely? That's not how Sky+ works.

Ebb Thu 16-Oct-08 19:14:40

I think you can programme them to record 'extra time'. Ours is set for 10minutes after the programme so haven't missed any endings. I will ask Dp how to do it. Our v+ box is great but agree can be slow changing channels occassionally.

Yanda Thu 16-Oct-08 19:15:12

Just adjust the settings, you have the recording margins set too short, you can make it record upto 20 minutes either side by adjusting it.

If it is freezing then there is something wrong with it, ring them. They will tell you to turn it off for three minutes and then turn it back on again to see if this fixes the problem, just say that you have as they tell everyone to do this even if it is network problem.

We have had one for about a year now, no problems. Love it.

BashfulSleepyHappy Thu 16-Oct-08 19:36:28

We switched from Virgin to Sky, and have been so completely miserable with Sky and their rubbish set-up and service that we're counting the seconds until we can run back to Virgin!

I think they're both pretty rubbish at the end of the day and you just have to pick which of the two evils you can bear to put up with.

TheHedgeWitch Thu 16-Oct-08 19:38:29

Message withdrawn

WorzselMummage Fri 17-Oct-08 10:05:15

We've had both and Virgin is better by a mile !

You need to change your settings and it'll record longer, ours has a 10 minute buffer either side and we never miss anyting.

If your getting lag on your remote try reboting the box.

I dont know how anyone could prefer Sky, its bloody awfull !

TheHedgeWitch Fri 17-Oct-08 11:05:05

Message withdrawn

WorzselMummage Fri 17-Oct-08 11:19:50

I think i'd die without On Demand too, its so bloody good isnt it !

Sky is poor though it should much much better than it is, Virgin seems so innovative in comparison i love it !

staffylover Fri 17-Oct-08 13:02:20

we`ve just been told it is an area problem and hopefully will be sorted out soon! i won`t hold my breath though lol

shergar Fri 17-Oct-08 13:46:42

V+ is fab. One tip to the OP is to make sure your box isn't stacked on top of/underneath some other electrical thing like a DVD/video player as this can make it overheat and play up. It needs to be on its own and with its top vents uncovered. It doesn't even like being on top of the TV.

staffylover Sun 19-Oct-08 16:02:03

just watched a programme, with 10 minutes extra recording on the end, and it still cut off b4 programme ended??????????????????????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now