Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to complain to Disneyland about their new tv advert as DS is upset????

(16 Posts)
glaskhamhasoneintheoven Thu 16-Oct-08 13:46:56

Ok- so i wont be complaining, but i am very angry with their new tv ad...

'this year santa is spending xmas in disneyland'

Poor DS (3yo) gets really upset every time he see's it saying 'but santa needs to be able to bring the presents for all the girls and boys'

I did think about telling him disneyland just had santa's brother or something so he wasn't so upset but i dont want him to 'not believe' until he wants to IYSWIM....

Am i the only one who this is annoying???

LilRedWG Thu 16-Oct-08 13:49:06

Just tell him that he'll still be doing his rounds on Christmas Eve but that he has to have a comfortable bed to go back to and recover, as he'll be really tired on Christmas morning.

DD is only two and doesn't really comprehend but I did think that about the advert too.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 16-Oct-08 13:49:20

Chrsitmas day - right? After he's finished delivering the presents.

wannaBe Thu 16-Oct-08 13:50:47

get your ds into a tv channel that doesn't have adverts. wink

BCNS Thu 16-Oct-08 13:51:04

LOl complain.. tell them hoe awfully upset ds is.. lay it on thick... hey they might send you free tickets

mollythetortoise Thu 16-Oct-08 13:51:48

haven't noticed it but might be an opportunity to teach about advertising not always being right etc.. ie. disneyland are just saying that santa is with them as they want all the children to go to disneyland for christmas but it is really one of santa's helpers (the ones you see in grottos in shopping centres ), the REAL santa is far too busy visiting all the other children round the world.. we're lucky as we're not going to disneyland and so the REAL santa will come to our house etc

LilRedWG Thu 16-Oct-08 13:52:04

Good plan wink

DaisyMooSteiner Thu 16-Oct-08 13:52:26

LOL wannaBe, I was going to say exactly the same thing smile

sammybeth Thu 16-Oct-08 13:55:22

My kids love the advert as we are going there at xmas and they are really excited santas there but i see your point it does make it sound to a child like he wont be around to deliver their presents.

ElviraInanEcup Thu 16-Oct-08 13:55:42

Message withdrawn

sammybeth Thu 16-Oct-08 14:00:36

I know i wasnt helping sorry

Elvi you,ve mede me even more excited about going now. My kids are 5 and 2 and very excited.

Sorry going off thread!!!

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Thu 16-Oct-08 14:01:34

no it doesn't help Elvra!!

it also doesn't help that we wanted to go, but the flipin boiler broke so thats eaten our 'holiday funds'.

I dont wanna lay on the whole 'santa story' too think... We already have magic fairy's in the lightbulbs who work for santa... they watch you all day to make sure you're being good, and if your not they tell santa!!

DH tried to explain that it's not the real santa who will be at Disneyland, but poor DS just said 'there's only one santa, silly daddy!!!'....

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Thu 16-Oct-08 14:03:13

Oh also- we used to be a Playhouse disney, or Cbeebies channel house (the ones without ad's...) but while i was in hospital last week DH got DS watching 'boys cartoons' on Cartoon Network!!!

wannaBe Thu 16-Oct-08 14:06:29

actually I would tell him that yes of course santa is at disney, because all the children who are there on their christmas holidays need to get their presents too, but disney is just one of the millions of stops he does on his rounds...

And then ban adverts. wink

handlemecarefully Thu 16-Oct-08 14:09:04

YABU - just explain it to him. VVV simple - Santa delivers to children throughout the world on Christmas Eve, so yes he will be in DLP but he was also be in Accrington/ Barnsley / Portsmouth (insert wherever)on the same day. Super fast sleigh etc.

SummatAnNowt Thu 16-Oct-08 14:26:33

I told ds that that was just a pretend Santa, a man dressed up to entertain people, and the real one will be at the north pole and then delivering presents as usual.

Also told him that Santa wouldn't specifically associate himself with one place because he loves all children not just those who can afford to go to Disneyland... but suspect that went right over his head

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now