Talk

Advanced search

to think that Sky are out of order for wanting to chrge me 60 quid to get a Sky + box installed

(30 Posts)
SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 13:21:38

Yet, if I were a new customer, I'd get it for free? hmm

Fucking robdogs.

I was going to get one for DP's birthday, but he'll have to have socks instead

SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 13:27:27

AM I THEN?

cocoleBOO Thu 16-Oct-08 13:28:29

Phone them up and argue they usually crumble.

<<evil>>

JulesJules Thu 16-Oct-08 13:28:54

It might be worth ringing them to see if they can offer you anything - you could say that you really want to upgrade but can't afford the £60 atm, have they got any special offers on, I think they have a bit of leeway at customer services. I got a £30 installation fee waived, and I have heard of other people who have had their subscription reduced. Def worth a go.

And sky+ is FAB. Would not want to live without it now. Rewind live tv!! Tape things without tapes!! Start recording half way through and it does it from the beginning... it's like MAGIC <shining awestruck face>

scorpio1 Thu 16-Oct-08 13:29:10

YANBU

tell them you are thinking about swapping to BT vision, bet you get it free

Tamarto Thu 16-Oct-08 13:29:38

Tell them you are cancelling, get through to retentions, explain why you are cancelling. Hey presto it's free or thereabouts.

Bleedodgy Thu 16-Oct-08 13:29:51

Phone them and tell them you want to end your contract then they'll ask why, tell them and they'll shit themselves and give you it for free. I did this when they wouldn't send someone out to fix the box for free a month after the one year contract was up and they soon sent someone.

CountessDracula Thu 16-Oct-08 13:30:39

YANBU
it is a rip-off
tossers

Yu don't have to get it from them mind
you can buy one yourself and install it

Works out the same price though I think

Tamarto Thu 16-Oct-08 13:30:53

JJ I know! and no more ads, i love the fact i no longer need to see them grin

SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 13:32:06

Am ringing them NOW

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Thu 16-Oct-08 13:34:07

we got it free plus dont have to pay the extra £10 a month extra either because Dh said he was going to NTl or someother to get it in the broadband, tv, phone package!!

CountessDracula Thu 16-Oct-08 13:34:56

Ooh I don't know about the start recoring half way through and it does from beginning - how do you do that?

pingping Thu 16-Oct-08 13:35:00

yanbu lol at the socks I would ring them and threaten to go to Virgin or BT

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Thu 16-Oct-08 13:37:59

CD- as long as you're watching a programme from the start you can press the record button at any point and it will record the whole programme!!

scorpio1 Thu 16-Oct-08 13:39:02

i want one...just have normal box, maybe i should ring too

SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 13:41:13

they aren't anserwing, tossers

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Thu 16-Oct-08 13:42:33

When DH said we were getting one i got in a strop saying 'but now we're gonna have them come in and mess about with wires etc, and i bet we wont use it'.......... I use it more than DH!!! it means i can watch my soaps and record his footy for him, and if there's 2 things we wanna watch at the same time we just record one and watch it later, if we're gonna be out i put my soaps and anythign we'd have wanted to watch on record- i couldn't live without it!!!

I have to admit if they took it off us now i'd happily pay the £60 to get it back!!! blush

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 16-Oct-08 13:45:10

sky plus is fab

if they dont do it for free, then cancel yours and put in hubby name, or vice versia

prob solved - new customer grin

SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 13:51:50

angry

Have just rang them and they fucking well cut me off.

They can't help me anyway, as am not account holder (it's all in DP's name)

Fuck

Novelty socks it is then.......

SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 14:00:25

am on to them afain - beiung put through to "gifting" dept

SheikYerbouti Thu 16-Oct-08 14:04:37

No luck - they can't discuss the account with me sad

There must be some other way...

katiepotatie Thu 16-Oct-08 14:06:11

I though they had an offer on for £30 for existing customers?
Sky+ is fab though smile

J2O Thu 16-Oct-08 14:07:15

just get dh to cancel, then put it in your name

scorpio1 Thu 16-Oct-08 14:07:30

link katie?

padboz Thu 16-Oct-08 14:07:32

ha! I had that problem with them saying they couldnt talk to to me cos it wasnt in my name. I called back and said I was him. I'm 5ft and squeaky - it was all quite funny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now