Talk

Advanced search

4 packets of milky way stars!

(9 Posts)
hollyandnoah Mon 13-Oct-08 22:59:47

My baby sitter gave my ds 4 packs of Milky Way Magic stars on Saturday, she said he was crying when he finished each pack, and once they were all done she gave him a pack of MilkyBar Buttons, which he didn't want.
He hasn't had Magic Stars before, but the buttons were ones i had in the cupboard. My ds is almost 10 months old and he has had chocolate before - the buttons were his.. but 4 packs?
aibu for being a bit annoyed, even although i have given him choc?

hatwoman Mon 13-Oct-08 23:02:39

if your baby-sitter is some youngster without kids and I'd failed to spell out to her that ds doesn't have chocolate then I'd forgive her. if she's a parent then i'd be a bit cross.

Amandoh Mon 13-Oct-08 23:04:14

I suppose if he suffered no ill effects then you can't be too cross but, like you, I wouldn't be happy either. I'd have thought it was just plain common sense that four packets was way too much. Even I wouldn't eat four packets and I'm a regular greedy guts.

Perhaps in future you should specify what he can and can't have and in what quantities.

susia Mon 13-Oct-08 23:05:05

I remember a friend of mine giving my son a huge chocolate easter egg just before supper when he was 18 months old and being really annoyed. I'm happy now if this happens but he's five, I wouldn't have been at all happy about the babysitter though

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 13-Oct-08 23:09:22

Actually there are hardly any in those packets so if you joined them all up (all 4 packs) they'd barely make a normal sized bar of chocolate.

That aside, I would certainly make clear to your babysitter what is or isn't acceptable, and tbh if someone looking after my children tld me they wouldn't stop crying so they fed them chocolate I'd be looking for other childcare.

hollyandnoah Mon 13-Oct-08 23:20:07

She does have a daughter, she is 2, they were her chocs lol. I wasn't angry really, just a bit shock! I thought she was joking at first. He wasn't sick or anything, not effected at all.

cantpickyourfamily Mon 13-Oct-08 23:37:29

I think that is too much chocolate and I would be quite annoyed if my 15month old dd had that much chocolate...

But have to admit that any bar of chocolate she sees she says mmmmmmmmmm or oooooooo she knows it is chocolate even if she has never seen that type of chocolate before...

tessofthedurbervilles Tue 14-Oct-08 10:18:47

Its a bit much but I am guessing she was only being kind, in her own way she was offering comfort to a distressed child. Not everyone gets the fact that kids can be quite clever when it comes to getting sweets and treats...

DaphneMoon Tue 14-Oct-08 10:59:44

Thedevil is right, some of those packets have about 4 or five in that's all. I wouldn't worry about it if you tell her nicely I'm sure it won't happen again. It is hard for me to comment as I am a complete chocoholic as is my DS, wonder where he gets that from blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now