Talk

Advanced search

If someone starts a thread about a thread and I don't know what the F*** it's about

(4 Posts)
beanieb Mon 13-Oct-08 11:27:52

am I being unreasonable to expect someone to tell me? grin

I mean, if they have gone to the trouble of starting a thread about some issue that is going on online between mumsnetters then they obviously want that issue to be a public one, so I am not being unreasonable to expect people to give me a full and frank answer when I ask what on earth they are on about?

It seems to happen so frequently here that someone has an issue with something someone else has said or done in a previous thread and so they start a public thread to discuss the issue and then fail to explain what they are on about thus causing mass confusion for people like me who can't be in every thread.

Sort it Aaahhht!! wink

2shoesdrippingwithblood Mon 13-Oct-08 11:29:54

now you have just done it, as you have started a thread about a thread bit not told me what the thread was and what it was about...........

beanieb Mon 13-Oct-08 11:30:17

Sorry - was rather premature with my AIBU... I know now. Nothing to see here grin

TheArmadillo Mon 13-Oct-08 11:30:18

it's often cos they think they will be slammed if they spell out the details.

but by not giving any they can claim 'oh I didn't mean that' or 'it wasn't them I meant' thereby steering clear of the worst while gaining sympathy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now