Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be p***ed off with my 'friend' who --boasts-- tells me that her son has been invited to parties that my son hasn't..?

(13 Posts)
josben Sun 12-Oct-08 00:18:46

She is a typical 'keeping up with the Jones'and is very competitive when it comes to her kids - well anything really)
sad

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Sun 12-Oct-08 00:20:08

Let it go over your head. And maybe think about distancing yourself a bit from her. It's not 'friendly' behaviour.

ladymariner Sun 12-Oct-08 00:20:09

Tell me again, why are you friends with her.......??? hmm

S1ur Sun 12-Oct-08 00:20:59

really boasting? How odd.

Why are you mates with her? she sounds like a irritating person.

josben Sun 12-Oct-08 00:25:02

She probably isn't 'boasting' but just drops it in to the conversation... Been out with a group of friends tonight and she was there - I deliberately don't see her that often anymore because of stuff like this!
grin

mazzystartled Sun 12-Oct-08 00:26:04

she sounds very insensitive
is she madly insecure?

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 12-Oct-08 08:18:59

Message withdrawn

AbbeyA Sun 12-Oct-08 08:24:27

I would just think that she has problems and that she is very insecure. I would let it go right over your head.

cory Sun 12-Oct-08 11:54:41

very very silly woman. Everybody gets left out of party invites from time to time; otherwise every single party would include the world's entire population. ignore, ignore, ignore

IhaveaSONcalledJesse Sun 12-Oct-08 12:05:36

I moved my daughter to a different school to get away from Mum's like this. DD is who she is, she's good at some things not others, she get invited to some, not others and so on. Do I want to compare her to yours... err no thanks - she's my daughter, I will win that argument!

kt14 Sun 12-Oct-08 14:52:40

I have an ex friend who is exactly the same. I made the decision to distance myself when it emerged ds had mild SN and she continually compared his speech (at 2.5) with her 12 month old. I suddenly realised her little boasting jibes were actually cruel as well as irritating and cut all ties. I still have to see her occasionally but don't allow her near ds!

iLoveIceCream Sun 12-Oct-08 15:32:50

I can totally understand why this annoys you. It's very difficult to not let it bother you!

I also have a "friend" like this, she is eaten up by jealousy if my ds gets more attention from people than her dd.

her constant comparisons she makes between them are completely pathetic, she even made a comment about me buying him a t shirt from primark when her dd's was a Diesel! angry

I mean ffs, she was even so jealous that her dd ran to me the other day that she shouted when she went back to her(in a room full of people) "oh darling what's wrong was she bullying you?"

We are god parents to eachothers children and I hate that she makes everything a competition between them

AbbeyA Sun 12-Oct-08 16:10:31

I would say end the friendship ILIC, however as it seems an important one then I should be ready to ignore it by having a little tally of the times she does it in a meeting and just think to yourself 'there she goes again'! I would actually feel sorry for her DD; if comes down to what label you wear it is pathetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now