loader

Talk

Advanced search

watching X-factor 2008 I just feel enraged that Rhydian didn't win last year

(42 Posts)
emkana Sat 11-Oct-08 23:14:41

Can't wait for Rhydian's album

Tommy Sat 11-Oct-08 23:16:59

why has it taken so long coming? And what has Leon been doing for a year (unless I missed something) hmm

(agree with you BTW - I always thought Leon had zero personality)

mamalovesmambo Sat 11-Oct-08 23:20:06

so wiv ya em grin

Howlingbellyofbeelzebub Sat 11-Oct-08 23:21:08

me too, leon was a pile of shite tonight and what was with all that weird jerking whilst singing? pants song. Gawd, I wish I didn't fancy Simon Cowell, he had a funny kind of centre parting tonight but I'd still do him.

emkana Sat 11-Oct-08 23:22:07

I fancy Rhydian blush

amazing brilliant

TinkerBellesMum Sat 11-Oct-08 23:24:08

They write clauses into the contract to stop runners ups from getting an album out first, so they can't release anything in the first year IIRC.

IhaveaSONcalledJesse Sun 12-Oct-08 11:45:19

I'd like to do Simon Cowells hair but that's all. DH thinks all the jerky movements were down to non legal substances - that and all the weight loss! Did you see Cowell cringe, then change his expression when he realised the cameras were on him??

Elf Sun 12-Oct-08 13:19:40

Yes, my guess was Leon was on drugs. Talk about unprofessional, what a jerk. Thought his voice was somehow still good but with no feeling. Yeah, I like Simon Cowell too, wierd isn't it?

Janos Sun 12-Oct-08 13:24:21

'Enraged' by X Factor? Blimey, it's just a tv programme, you know.

hifi Sun 12-Oct-08 13:29:26

his mouth was very dry, wonder if hes on slimming pills .

chirpycheapcheap Sun 12-Oct-08 14:07:03

yup I said to DH - "he is on something" - far too twitchy and he did not look very well at all IMHO.

KiwiKat Sun 12-Oct-08 14:10:51

Thought Leon's new song was extremely ordinary. He's quite cute in a ridiculously young way though, now that he's got rid of that horrendous haircut he started out with.

lulumama Sun 12-Oct-08 14:14:44

can't say I was enraged but I was really surprised and a bit disappointed

compared to Leona Lewis, Leon has no charisma, likeability or X factor ..

Rhydian had all of those things, once he was bit more humble, and he was the winner , in terms of star quality, ability and showmanship

devilsavacado Sun 12-Oct-08 14:18:27

I thought Leon looked liked he has lost weight too,he looked really jumpy and nervous.

wannaBe Sun 12-Oct-08 14:26:26

but Rhydien was never going to be a puppet cherning out chart-topping shite though was he?

He could never win because although he has a definite talent far beyond that of Leon or any of the others, once you take x factor out of the equasion, his music will only appeal to a certain market. A market much smaller than the teen pop one.

That being said, I think they shot themselves in the foot by letting Leon win, because I don't think that his album is going to sell nearly as well as they hope it will.

Imo xfactor needs to be viewed as a bit of entertainment, watching people perform. But the result is already decided IMO.

falcon Sun 12-Oct-08 14:29:11

I agree. I can't stand Leon and he really didn't deserve to win.

cheshirekitty Sun 12-Oct-08 16:19:43

Am discreetly leaving little hints that if Rhydian does a xmas album, please can I have it for xmas.

When he sang the song from West End Story during X Factor, I cried. It was so lovely.

Reckon he should have won.

falcon Sun 12-Oct-08 16:20:26

I cried when he sang O Holy Night. It was so beautiful and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

nolongeraworriedmummy Sun 12-Oct-08 17:49:05

I love Rhydian grin

lovecat Sun 12-Oct-08 18:01:11

What enrages me (when I can be arsed to think about it) is that every year the same identikit wimpy little boys with their wimpy little characterless voices appear and you just KNOW that they're going to make the top 5 because (I assume?) people fancy them and vote with their loins rather than their ears (I should probably rephrase that!).

Having said that, I'm mildly suspicious of Rhydian because, although he has a lovely voice, the microphone is always jammed against his lips so I don't know how much actual power/projection he's got. I'd like his album, but not sure I'd like to see him live without proper amplification!

falcon Sun 12-Oct-08 18:07:33

He's magnificent live and his voice really does have a lot of power.

Clure Sun 12-Oct-08 18:10:54

Yes leon did look a tad sweaty and dry mouthed. Didn't rate him or his song, had forgotten he'd even won last year's competition till he turfed up on last night's show. Leona is a true star (though not my kind of music at all) Loved Rhydian but thats partly because he's welsh

dalek Sun 12-Oct-08 18:16:11

Well I liked Leon and I hated Rhydian - he was just an arse - just my opinion though (dalek runs for cover)

Fekyasall Sun 12-Oct-08 18:16:31

Fell about laughing when Holly called him Leo. A bit off topic but I was disgusted that red haired girl was dropped before the live.

Grumpalina Sun 12-Oct-08 18:20:56

All I could think of last night was how on earth did Leon win!!!???? Rhydian was fab. it's probably true that the voting public are young girls which is why the two girl bands were in the bottom two. Just hope it doesn't mean that Scott will do a leon and the fantastic grils (of which there are a few) don't get voted off early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now