Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

locked in a cafe when I was pregnant

(14 Posts)
susia Sat 11-Oct-08 21:31:26

Hi, when I was about 7 months pregnant I was caught short. I was in the middle of London desperate for a toilet and I knew if I didn't find one immediately I would wet myself. There was a McDonalds but it was about 200 yards away and I knew I wouldn't make it. So I ran into the nearest cafe and asked if I could use their toilet. They said No! but I said I had to and I was going to use it anyway. He tried to block the way and I was so desperate I said 'you have to let me because it is against the law to stop a pregnant woman using the toilet' (I'm sure I read that somewhere) and barged past him.

When I came out, he had locked me in until I paid some money for a tea or something.

Maybe I was unreasonable but it didn't feel like it at the time.

Sushipaws Sat 11-Oct-08 21:34:16

Thats farking shocking, you should've pee'd on his bloody floor. Call the police, holding you against your will is illegal

LoveMyGirls Sat 11-Oct-08 21:35:22

OMG what total arse!

Did you complain? Its shocking anyone would treat aanyone like that let alone a pg lady, theres just no need!

goodasgold Sat 11-Oct-08 21:37:03

Agree with Sushipaws.

He kidnapped you!

onepieceoflollipop Sat 11-Oct-08 21:38:20

How long ago did this happen susia?

Sushipaws Sat 11-Oct-08 21:38:30

When was this? How did you get out? Tell us what happened?

TinkerBellesMum Sat 11-Oct-08 21:38:54

I'm pretty sure you're right, you can even ask a policeman for his helmet!

I'm just having a Google now, I should imagine it would come under the discrimination act.

childrenofthecornsilk Sat 11-Oct-08 21:39:46

which cafe was it - name and shame them.

TinkerBellesMum Sat 11-Oct-08 21:40:29

BTW, X-posts, I would have called the police and told them you were being kidnapped or held hostage, it's far worse than using a loo without paying 80p for a cuppa!

susia Sat 11-Oct-08 21:42:58

this happened 5 years ago, I remembered it today because a friend of mine was saying about how in London people were really discourteuos when she is there and is 8 months pregnant. I remember the same, I remember having to ask someone to give me a seat on the bus when I was literally about a week from giving birth and they tutted!

I only got out by giving him the money btw!

susia Sat 11-Oct-08 21:44:08

by the way, I was locked in the cafe not the toilet!

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 11-Oct-08 21:45:01

Isn't needing a pee and a place to do so a basic human needs and therefore a human right?/hm

Saturn74 Sat 11-Oct-08 21:46:02

He's obviously been on the same customer care course as everyone at British Gas.
<<bears grudge>>

choccynutter Sat 11-Oct-08 21:57:11

omg what a twat and you are right i'm sure thiers a law about preg ladies having to use loo . you should shame them go to paper ruin there busseiness lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now