Talk

Advanced search

To shout at two children who rang on my doorbell SIX times in quick succession to say trick or treat!!

(14 Posts)
Plonker Sat 11-Oct-08 20:14:31

...ok so its only 8 o'clock but the baby is in bed and they woke her up ...and its only the 11th of friggin October!!

It is most unlike me, but i'm afraid i gave them a right telling off saying "please do not hammer my doorbell like that, i have a baby asleep in bed and you've just woken her up - come back at Halloween and you'd better be a lot quieter" blush

...and yes i shouted blush

bonnibaby Sat 11-Oct-08 20:20:21

Maybe a bit for shouting but i would have been really cross too.

nickytwoooohtimes Sat 11-Oct-08 20:21:10

YANBU

frasersmummy Sat 11-Oct-08 20:21:52

EHHH is halloween no longer just one day a year anymore??

you were soo right to shout at them . I would have shouted at them too

FangolinaJolly Sat 11-Oct-08 20:22:58

YANBU.

I get REALLY peed off at Halloween with the T+T ers.I hate it if they really bang on door.Have taken to pretending to be out.Humbug emoticon.

SqueakyPop Sat 11-Oct-08 20:23:48

I would tell them where to go. 11th October - kuh

When we lived in the US, TorT was precisely one-hour long.

Ronaldinhio Sat 11-Oct-08 20:28:31

pfb by any chance....only asking!

Plonker Sat 11-Oct-08 20:35:13

No! - third born and worse bloody sleeper!

Dd1 and 2 are boogying along to X-factor with me ...quietly grin

Plonker Sat 11-Oct-08 20:36:36

Am expecting an angry mother to be banging on my door any second for shouting at her little buggers darlings ...

pointygravedogger Sat 11-Oct-08 20:38:43

You should have answered like Lurch. Slow, expressionless, scary. 'Come back on Hallowe'en'. Slow closing of door. Get the wind up them.

wb Sat 11-Oct-08 20:40:00

Old enough to be trick or treating unaccompanied = old enough to be shouted at if being annoying in my book. Not like you swore, or anything, and you said they could come back.
YANBU

Ronaldinhio Sat 11-Oct-08 20:42:30

try offering them something educational next time or health...that'll end it and you'll get the name for it in the neighbourhood and be left alone.
Last year my mum offered rhubarb and yoghurt as a special treat only about two callers as the kids put the word around

love the image of you all shaking your asses to x factor
x

ShyBaby Sat 11-Oct-08 20:49:01

Actually this is one of my pet hates.

Many many times ive been in the bath and rushed down the stairs because someone is frantically pounding my door and im thinking something is wrong...(is my dd hanging out of an upstairs window?, did my cat get run over?, is it my mum come round because something has happened?)

I get to the fecking door to find my pain in the ass neighbour there grinning "hello, fancy a coffee?". She cannot knock a door, she pounds it about 10 times. grin

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 11-Oct-08 20:50:58

its the 11th!!!! YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now