To want to go to Starbucks

(42 Posts)
Kimi Sat 11-Oct-08 11:34:12

NOW

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:35:44

yes. 11.34 is unreasonable. grin
I'll have a frappacino thingy please...

maidamess Sat 11-Oct-08 11:36:43

Did you see that thread about free Starbucks if you buy The Guardian?

RubberDuck Sat 11-Oct-08 11:37:08

Totally unreasonable. We don't have a Starbucks near us envy

Kimi Sat 11-Oct-08 11:38:42

frappacino my drink of choice with cream on top blush

Kids with their dad so I could sit read sip watch the world go by

Housework all done so no guilt

Go on if I get 4 yes go then I'm off grin

mm22bys Sat 11-Oct-08 13:23:29

Only unreasonable if they haven't yet turned off their taps. Apparently up until yesterday it was there global policy to leave their taps running constantly (they use "dipper wells" to clean their spoons so they don't grow bacteria, but other coffee chains don't use this wasteful method), wasting 23.4 million litres of water each day.

Due to bad PR they were supposed to have changed their policy in the UK and Ireland as from yesterday, but I haven't yet been near a SB in the last two days to ask if they've turned their taps off yet.

If they have, you are totally U, if they haven't, everybody who goes there is!

mm22bys Sat 11-Oct-08 13:24:24

oops, if they have turned off their taps you are of course totally REASONABLE! If they haven't you are UNREASONABLE (along with everybody else who goes there)

Kimi Sat 11-Oct-08 15:24:58

Well I went, had lovely frappacino, read paper and watched world go by.... did not notice if taps on or off tbh.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 11-Oct-08 15:28:04

You should try Neros -much better IMO

AbbaFan Sat 11-Oct-08 15:42:23

I want a starbuck's now envy

Cappuccino Sat 11-Oct-08 15:46:09

yes go to Neros

Kimi Sat 11-Oct-08 15:46:48

Only like Starbucks....

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 11-Oct-08 16:45:46

i LOVE their chai latte

i drove down to our local one earlier and brought a take out as just NEEDED it grin

scorpio1 Sat 11-Oct-08 16:46:38

our nearest is 40 miles sad

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 11-Oct-08 17:05:37

mines about 2 miles

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 17:06:57

about 40 miles, too.

and over the loch.

haven't been in one in over a year.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Sat 11-Oct-08 17:12:53

Are there any inIreland at all?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 11-Oct-08 17:22:46

try thisw kerry

starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Our+Stores/

rookiemater Sat 11-Oct-08 17:29:36

Don't you know we are slap bang on the edge of a global economic recession. Starbucks is so early noughties, what with their charging £2.95 for a cup of aerated foam with a centimetre of coffee. A venti anything must have an adults calorific intake for the day in one vat sized cup.
Can't beat their frappucinnos though.... slinks off in shame.....

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 17:49:09

I nearly went in one yesterday in Bristol but it had a step and no ramp and I was in my wheelchair. The very embaressed member of staff offered to bring me out something and directed me to the other one a mile and a half away.
But I was all hot cross bunned by then.
Never noticed if taps were running or not.

fizzbuzz Sat 11-Oct-08 18:09:47

Now that's quite interesting NMC... I am not in a wheelchair, but did have dd in a pushchair one day in Starbucks...

All 9 chairs on ground floor taken. Pushchair and tray..hmm. Asked girl dong coffee, if she could help me get down the very steep stairs "I have to stay behind here, making coffee" was her helpful answer. Asked another member of staff "Yeah, in a minute" was her answer. 5 mins later no sign of her, and now cold coffee. Eventually someone left one of the 9 chairs and offered to help me.... NO lift, no help.

Has put me right off Starbucks

Kimi Sun 12-Oct-08 12:49:20

shock fizzbuzz, the staff in both my local starbucks are wonderful, and both have ramps, disabled toilets and babychange.

Yes I know we are in a global economic recession, I know they are not good for me, I know they cost £3.25 a time and have more sugar and fat then I should partake of........
But they are bloody nice!! grin

Might go again today, as now I want another one!!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 12-Oct-08 13:02:44

needmorecoffee - thats awful

thought ALL shops/cafes etc had to be wheelcahir friendly shock

jura Sun 12-Oct-08 13:05:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lmccrean Sun 12-Oct-08 13:34:50

Im starbucks trained, tho we brewed starbucks coffee in a cafe, rather than in a starbucks coffeehouse, iykwim!

Never told to leave taps running..find it bizarre. We did have to change filter coffee every two hours and wasted about 20 cups every time - we couldnt make it smaller amounts. (Tho when I worked in the cafe part, only 17 were wasted wink and we gave timed out coffee away to staff in building - still very wasteful nonetheless!)

Am partial to a caramel latte tho..with a ginger crunch biscuit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now