Talk

Advanced search

In inviting children to the DC's halloween party on the basis of their parents/siblings?

(9 Posts)
VictorianSqualorSquelchNSquirm Fri 10-Oct-08 19:05:16

Basically, DS has just started nursery, he doesn't really have 'friends' as such yet.
I've said I will do them a halloween party (I do one halloween party, and a birthday meal+1 friend instead of two birthday parties).

DD has moved classes this year but I know some of the children in her year have siblings in DS's class. I also speak to (if only at school) these parents.

I was just talking to the Dcs about who they will invite. DD did not mention the children I would like, nor did DS.

Would I BU to say 'You're inviting these children' and just do it?

It would make it much easier for me, as I know a couple of the parents would definitely stay, plus the ones who didn't I'd have the young ones' older sibling there.

I'm tempted to say, I'm doing the party, I choose who comes.

J2O Fri 10-Oct-08 19:09:14

oooh hard one. are they allowed who they want to come aswell?

soultaken Fri 10-Oct-08 19:11:27

if your ds has just started nursery then I would say he needs a lot of guidance from you regarding the guest list, but could he at least choose one or two mates and you the rest? would that be an option.

nolongeraworriedmummy Fri 10-Oct-08 19:19:43

But I bet there are some lovely well behaved children who's mummies would also stay.

It just makes me sad because we moved to a new area where all the children had gone from nursery together as a small village and when dd joined she never got invited to parties because all the parents did the same as this

pofaced Fri 10-Oct-08 19:21:55

Check with the teacher to make sure yanbu. And always include the "new girl"... I've also had THAT experience!

VictorianSqualorSquelchNSquirm Fri 10-Oct-08 20:31:24

They've chosen three children each. I've chose the rest.
One girl I've chosen is blind and I've never seen her at a party, but DD is always talking about her, I was worried it was a case of no-one invites X so I've made sure her and her DB are invited, not so much the 'new girl' but similar. (I'll be asking for help for party games later but I figure squidgy squelchy games work either way)

J2O Fri 10-Oct-08 21:02:18

i think thats pretty fair tbh, they've got to invite 3 each, you make up the numbers with those who you want coming. no problems that i can see

VictorianSqualorSquelchNSquirm Sun 12-Oct-08 00:15:24

They still hate me but I can sleep tight and say 'Mumsnet said it's fine' grin

nolongeraworriedmummy Sun 12-Oct-08 17:29:44

oh if they have chosen 3 each and then you have chosen children who wouldnt usually get chosen then thats fine then grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now