Talk

Advanced search

to be fed up of this bus company

(10 Posts)
sarah293 Fri 10-Oct-08 18:06:20

Message withdrawn

Saturn74 Fri 10-Oct-08 18:09:02

what crap service - and customer service.
how old are your boys?

loobeylou Fri 10-Oct-08 18:16:38

someone I know very well works for a nationwide bus company and I know that in those circumstances they would refund your taxi fare, and so should any other respectable bus operator. It is not acceptable to leave kids standing and the local papers would have a field day

something similar happened to an OAP I know who had just loaded her trolley with frozen stuff from Iceland on a blistering hot day and would have had 2 hrs to wait for next bus.she got a taxi and the bus company paid up straight away - in fact I think she was advised to do this by a driver on another route

good luck, hope u get yr refund!

loobeylou Fri 10-Oct-08 18:18:05

also make a note of day and time you phoned so they can chase up who it was who was crap on the phone

sarah293 Fri 10-Oct-08 18:25:06

Message withdrawn

loobeylou Fri 10-Oct-08 18:32:09

the owner? hmmmmmm, so it's a small (cowboy) company then? that's a pity, still, they won't want bad publicity for leaving kids stranded - I expect a lot of kids use buses at 4.10 ?

if they will not refund your taxi threaten them with local papers, and if they are running a route which is part council subsidised, report them

naturalblonde Fri 10-Oct-08 20:56:26

Loobeylou, small companies are not necessarily cowboy outfits. I think that's a horrible generalisaon to make. Small operators work long hours and the owners have a vested financial interest in th company. Unlike larger companies where managers come and go and don't risk losing everything if the company goes under. Riven even spoke to the owner, not some call centre employee.

Riven, if you call back monday,(about 10am, after morning school runs!) you'll get further. Today, the owner was probably stressed up to the eyeballs trying to sort out a broken down bus, and other buses caught in horrendous traffic, and probably manning the phones by himself whilst simultaneously pulling his hair out and dealing with people ringing about a lost umbrella. (Been there, done that!)

Kimi Fri 10-Oct-08 21:07:52

bloody busses, and they have the cheek to go on strike for more pay.

DS1 was on the bus home from school the other day and because some girls from another school were messing about the driver threw EVERY school child off the bus, when DS1 said he had not done anything the driver told him to get off the fucking bus now! Sadly (for the driver) I was on the phone to DS1 at the time and heard this so I called the bus company and went nuts at them, if the fuckwit can't put up with some school kids, and then chucks everyone off the bus swearing at 12 year olds in the process then he should get a job that does not involve dealing with them, I mean how hard is it to sit on your arse all day opening and closing doors!!

mablemurple Fri 10-Oct-08 21:22:02

Kimi I don't think you have the first clue what bus drivers have to put up with, both from appalling behaviour from school children, to unnecessary rudeness from so-called adults. The bus driver should not have sworn at your son, however, so you were quite right to complain.

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 09:09:28

some bus drivers are very pleasant but some are tosspots. But I save my ire for the company in Bristol that not only has the most expensive fares in the country, unreliable buses and dirty buses, but is refusing to put low floor buses in this area cos ridership is at a maximum. they say. They they wouldn't attract more customers so its not worth it. It will be athe farking law in a few years but very few effeorts are being made.
The other company, while plagued with breakdowns (ds1 will be getting a taxi on GCSE mornings!) does have the whole fleet as accessible. They just aren't very frequent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now