Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you find this an odd comment?

(39 Posts)
Horsetachio Fri 10-Oct-08 17:35:24

This morning me and DH went to my friends house. It is the first time friend and DH have met.

Anyway her little girl was playing with a pole thing and holding it upright and trying to sit on it.

DH then said in a jokey way "you know, if you slip that will go all the way through and out of your mouth!"

The girl laughed.

My friend later said she was suprised he said that and that she found it a bit 'odd'. she wouldn't say in what way she found it odd.

So is it? I never thought anything of it until she brought it up again.

Sanctuary Fri 10-Oct-08 17:37:32

Its not an odd thing to say

Maybe she needs to get a sense of humour

NoBiggy Fri 10-Oct-08 17:38:13

I suppose it is if you think about it, but if you don't stop and try and picture it falls in to the same category as "if you eat apple pips an apple tree will grow in your tummy and sprout out of the top of your head".

JodieG1 Fri 10-Oct-08 17:38:25

That sounds a little odd to me.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 10-Oct-08 17:38:45

I must admit I would find thzt very odd and totally inappropriate. not sure why though.

Smithagain Fri 10-Oct-08 17:39:06

Not remotely odd. I have said similar things to my kids when they are running around with lolly sticks/pencils/stupidly sharp objects in their mouths.

bellawilliams Fri 10-Oct-08 17:39:40

A bit - because what is he implying - where would the pole go into her if she slipped? Exactly. Probably a bit inappropriate...

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 10-Oct-08 17:39:46

I don't think it is odd at all.

CurleyWurlyWoooooooo Fri 10-Oct-08 17:40:20

I would find it inappropriate, again i don't know why though.

Horsetachio Fri 10-Oct-08 17:41:29

BellaWilliams, I think that is what she was implying, where did he did it would go. But I'm sure he never thought about it litrally.

WeLoveFabio Fri 10-Oct-08 17:43:39

I think it is like the apple pip thing.

I wouldn't be worried unless I thought the man was a bit weird but otherwise not at all. And I'm sure you know your DH isn't remotely weird. smile

WeLoveFabio Fri 10-Oct-08 17:45:44

He was probably just being daft and imagining a little girl stuck on a stick like a lollypop. In a sort of Charlie and Lola type surreal way.

Which actually kind of sounds even worse but you know what I mean - not literal, just a silly thought. And of course it made her laugh.

I thhink your friend sounds a bit odd tbh!

yama Fri 10-Oct-08 17:45:59

I would find it odd if a friend called something my dh said as "odd".

Othersideofthechannel Fri 10-Oct-08 17:46:41

Would it be an odd comment if the child was a boy?

Hassled Fri 10-Oct-08 17:48:48

No, I wouldn't have found it odd at all. I can see if you think about it literally it's all a bit yuck, but it's not something you say to be taken literally, is it?

hatrick Fri 10-Oct-08 17:52:25

Message withdrawn

Smithagain Fri 10-Oct-08 17:52:38

And would it have been an odd comment if it had been said by a woman?

I think she's being a bit neurotic.

LynetteScavo Fri 10-Oct-08 17:53:23

I might have found it slightly odd, but them people say odd things all the time. don't they?

I certainly woulnd't have commented on it.

I'd just forget it if I were you. smile

hifi Fri 10-Oct-08 17:59:51

some people are so serious, tell her to lighten up it was only a bit of fun.

hecAteTheirBrains Fri 10-Oct-08 18:07:10

I wouldn't have thought it was pervy - because that's what she's skirting around, isn't it? Ohh, a man a man arrggh getitawaygetitaway said something about being impaled going through her that's penetration, he's thinking about my childs BIIIIIIIITTTTTSS!! argh call the police waaaaahhh. hmm

Daft innocent joke, imo and she's being silly.

FAQ Fri 10-Oct-08 18:11:56

No I wouldn't find it odd - I would however find the comments from your friend odd.

TheHedgeWitch Fri 10-Oct-08 18:15:09

Message withdrawn

allgonebellyup Fri 10-Oct-08 18:15:11

i think its a little bit odd really

Troutpout Fri 10-Oct-08 18:24:53

i would find it a bit odd tbh ..probably more so if it was on first meeting

Troutpout Fri 10-Oct-08 18:25:22

and i would find it just as odd if child was a boy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now