Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed that Dora the Explorer has highlights?

(10 Posts)
potatofactory Thu 09-Oct-08 08:13:29

Just seen an advert on Channel 5 where there is a doll of Dora which is like a girl's world thing (remember them?) where girls can give her a makeover. WTF?? I thought the whole (and lovely) point was that she wasn't that type of girl??

hmm

potatofactory Thu 09-Oct-08 08:14:31

Maybe I should have put in TV area? Couldn't decide.

exasperatedmummy Thu 09-Oct-08 08:41:07

don't get me started, i have just seen a similar advert, with Dora's lovely flying horse - um, i too thought she was a get out there and do it, safari suit wearing type of girl. Now , it appears she still worries about pinkness hmm

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 09-Oct-08 08:55:24

That's awful!
LOL though, maybe they could replace her backpack with a handbag and her map with a hairslide. The monkey could become a pink fluffy bunny.

potatofactory Thu 09-Oct-08 08:58:06

LOL, yes, but in a dark way.

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 09-Oct-08 09:01:36

Yes, a very dark way.
Now I am starting to imagine Dora being kidnapped and given a makeover while shouting 'No! No! Not the highlights!' in Spanish.

potatofactory Thu 09-Oct-08 09:08:30

grin

superdenki Thu 09-Oct-08 11:00:30

My son loves Dora. But all the bleedin merchandise is pink and v girly. So it's a good excuse not to buy any. We've given Diego a try, but tbh Diego comes across as a smug little wanker to me grin

potatofactory Thu 09-Oct-08 12:42:14

Bet he doesn't have a BEAUTY REGIME though!

superdenki Thu 09-Oct-08 13:34:44

No, you're probably right. Dora is definitely not a 'girls world' kind of girl. The Map, on the other hand, definitely is wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: