Talk

Advanced search

To want DS2 'out of the way' one night next week?

(5 Posts)
MrsSnape Wed 08-Oct-08 12:44:51

Basically DS1 is having a friend over next week and I just can't be doing with DS2 going all hyper, showing off and showing us up.

I have alot of problems with him anyway but when other people are here, other kids especially he goes mad and ends up climbing the walls trying to make people laugh and just ends up annoying everyone.

Last time DS1's friend came over, DS was swearing, darting around, pulling his trousers down ... he was just driving me mad and REALLY annoying DS1.

This is why I hardly ever let them have friends over but its not fair to DS1 who is really sensible, quiet, calm and well behaved.

So AIBU to want to palm DS2 off onto his dad for one night next week whilst DS1 has his friend over? he will be upset as he's looking foward to the lad coming but only so that he can show off and make a nuisence of himself.

Overmydeadbody Wed 08-Oct-08 12:45:54

Sounds reasonable to me.

There's no need to tell DS2 why he's going to his dad's is there?

MamaG Wed 08-Oct-08 12:46:43

No, YANBU, tell him he's having a treat by going to Dads without his bro

potoftea Wed 08-Oct-08 12:48:33

I think it's fair, but maybe word it a bit more diplomatically wink

Your older ds has a right to have friends around and not be bothered by his brother. But I would say to ds2 that he's going to have a fun sleepover night at his dad's, because ds1 is having fun with his own friend.

MrsSnape Wed 08-Oct-08 12:55:18

Thing is, DS doesn't like going to his dads sad I would keep him here and warn him him that if he didn't behave, he'd go to his dads for the rest of the night but that 'could' encourage DS1 to try and get him into trouble...

I hate 'play-dates' sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now