Talk

Advanced search

Per Una Redux

(6 Posts)
Juliette108 Wed 08-Oct-08 11:59:09

Following on from the previous Per Una/Annoying thread; I think we got some answers last night on the fashion prog.
Toady George, the brains and talent behind the collection, explaining that 'he understood laydiz and want the laydiz like'. All suspicions were confirmed; laydiz love especiale buttons, sumptuous MIL prints and giggly trimmings (blush, simper). Did anyone see the bit where he explained to his team that a dodge green top, sans central lace bandeau, would have been 'ordinary'? Tassletastic.

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Wed 08-Oct-08 13:58:28

Didn't see that bit of the show but, by coincidence, I did browse around Per Una yesterday for the first time ever, having heard (probably on here) that the jeans were good. First of all, the jeans were awful (at least they were on me, as they accentuated my hefty waist and short legs and failed to transform me into Claudia Schiffer) and there was an awful lot of what has been described on the other thread as clothing for fat pottery teachers. Now I quite like the occasional embellishment - am wearing a Boden top adorned with ric-rac (I know, I know) - but it seemed like haberdashery overload.

Ho hum.

SugarGlider Wed 08-Oct-08 15:53:24

Is THAT where all the haberdashery went? I have a colleague who quite rightly bemoans the loss of the neighbourhood haberdashers AND the buttons and bits and bobs section in the larger department stores. But now I can tell her it is there and available, just waiting to be snipped off various bits of the Per Una range....

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Wed 08-Oct-08 15:57:18

Yes, sugarglider, it is. Buttons, buckles and bows - it's all there.

Your friend, alas, is right - since even John Lewis went all 'designer' it's become more and more difficult to get a nice reel of Sylko when you need one on the high street (but you can 'score' a reel in some back street establishments I know).

plumandolive Wed 08-Oct-08 16:55:12

Juliette- oh- I wish I'd seen it... lalol- very funny postgrin
Shall we ask mnhq if we could have a live web chat with him? We could set him right?

Witchka Wed 08-Oct-08 17:19:31

Juliette - lol, I saw that prog and thought of Mnet! What a twunt that George is. It was what he said about ladies wanting that bit of extra quality and how he had an eye for it that got me. For 'quality' should we read bloody awful applique and sequins?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now