Talk

Advanced search

To be hurt my sister forgot I was having dental surgery?

(4 Posts)
likessleep Wed 08-Oct-08 10:50:09

My sister is 10 weeks pregnant and finding the first trimester quite hard going.

So, I am not hurt she forgot per se, but that she was reminded 2 days later by someone and she then took 2 days to call. Then, she made a a passing comment of 'how is your tooth' before talking about her pregnancy at length.

It was quite invasive dental surgery, I am only now, a week later, able to start brushing my teeth again and still taking strong painkillers.

I understand her head is so into baby stuff at the moment, but I feel upset she didn't even seem that interested or any attempt to apologise for forgetting.

Maybe I am being unreasonable for being annoyed...

mumblechum Wed 08-Oct-08 10:52:35

Depends what your relationship is like with her normally.

My sis lives 400 miles away & ours is pretty much Xmas/birthday cards/emails a couple of times a year relationship, so wouldn't even know about stuff like each others' dentistry.

If you & your sis see each other quite frequently, I guess YANBU to expect her to remember.

Elffriend Wed 08-Oct-08 10:52:46

Is it her first baby? If so, then yes you are being unreasonable. You should know the world stops when you are pregant and feelinglike shit. I would have struggled to remember dental surgery on MYSELF at that stage.

Drink some whisky with your painkiller and chill. grin

likessleep Wed 08-Oct-08 10:56:24

yeah, it is her first baby, so i do totally understand. i guess it is not that she forgot (which i can understand), but that she didn't seem bothered by it at all when she was reminded.
we do speak every few days and are normally quite close.
i don't want to raise it with her, cos i don't want to make a big deal, but maybe a whisky might help me to deal with it. because I feel annoyed and don't want to be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: