Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that someone at school should have ensured that DD (6) caught the school bus home when I told her class teacher and the school bus organiser this morning that she was catching the bus today?

(14 Posts)
Gingerbear Tue 07-Oct-08 22:50:04

I was at work, and received a phone call at 3.45 from school informing me that DD had missed the bus, and could someone come and pick her up please? She had forgotten that she was to come home on the bus tonight. But surely someone should have remembered and reminded her?

anyfucker Tue 07-Oct-08 22:51:22

I don't understand.

Who was at home to meet her and does the bus stop right outsid your house ?

Gingerbear Tue 07-Oct-08 22:52:17

And while I am at it, I am pissed off that at home she is reading far more advanced books than she is at school, and has had the same school book for over a week. I am sick of asking for someone to reassess her reading level.

loobeylou Tue 07-Oct-08 22:53:22

that is bad, our school do a bus register along with attendance and lunch registers every day, copies are used to check each and every kid onto the correct bus (there are 3)

even worse would be if child was put onto bus when should not have been using it that day and noone to meet her at other end
- at least she was in a safe place

but they need to get their act together!

Lauriefairycake Tue 07-Oct-08 22:53:39

is she allowed on the bus on her own? is it a school bus then? or a public one?

I had to arrange a taxi for tomorrow to take my ten year old to school (exhaust broke on way home tonight) and had to call 4 taxi firms as none wanted to take her. Will a bus company really take a six year old on her own?

Gingerbear Tue 07-Oct-08 22:55:33

Had arranged with neighbour to pick her up - stop is about half a mile from home and they walk back. Neighbour drops her off at home when DH gets in from work.

Lauriefairycake Tue 07-Oct-08 22:57:28

so is it a proper school bus then or a public one?

Gingerbear Tue 07-Oct-08 22:57:35

It is a school bus. There is a class assistant on the bus, and it is supposedly supervised drop-offs.

sunnydelight Tue 07-Oct-08 22:58:10

Sorry, but if she isn't old enough to remember she's not old enough for the bus. My 6 year old DD will be getting the school bus next year some days, but only if her 15 year old brother is with her because I know he will not get on the bus without her.

MrsThierryHenry Tue 07-Oct-08 22:58:47

God, she's only 6. Do her teachers have no common sense? Clearly not. YANBU.

Lauriefairycake Tue 07-Oct-08 23:01:15

yanbu - why don't they have a list for the bus? How long would it be before someone noticed a child was/wasn't on the bus.

Gingerbear Tue 07-Oct-08 23:04:29

Dunno Lauriefairycake, pathetic organisation. Will be seeing the head tomorrow.

loobeylou Tue 07-Oct-08 23:08:32

It is inexcusable that they do not use a check list.

at our school we also have a telephone tree system so if there is any problem with bus being late (or early if snowing) or,
heaven forbid, breaking down/accident, the school phones a few parents who then have agreed to pass on the word to others who use same bus drop off point

Gingerbear Thu 09-Oct-08 22:28:15

Have seen the head and told him what I think of his organisational skills. I think I have been labelled as a troublemaker. Hehehehe. Give em hell, they need a kick up the arse I say! If I had more time, I would join the PTA, but would probably be austracised (outcast).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now