Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

car/lorry drivers........any vehicle really!

(7 Posts)
staffylover Tue 07-Oct-08 17:14:26

Are some car/lorry drivers idiots?

Driving to/from Gloucestershire in very bad driving rain with signs advising drivers to slow down because of bad visibility! What do they do........they seem to drive faster, and closer to the car in front. Lorry drivers driving like maniacs making visibility even worse with all the spray being thrown up because they are driving so fast?

I`m surprised I didn`t see an accident!

tegan Tue 07-Oct-08 17:27:37

We live in Gloucestershire and dh is a lorry driver. He works nights so you obviously aren't moaning about him, but i think car drivers are just as bad in my experience

staffylover Tue 07-Oct-08 19:30:08

Please don`t get me wrong but I have nothing against lorry drivers......it was all types of vehicles driving terribly under the conditions.

But with such a large vehicle throwing up spray I would have thought driving slower would have been a good idea?

DraculaNeedsArteries Tue 07-Oct-08 19:31:34

Were they teh square matrix signs with numbers in?

If they were i think that is legally enforceable as a temporary spped limit...not that it helps you as you can't enforce the law of course...

staffylover Tue 07-Oct-08 20:03:04

They were mainly artic lorries...and mostly foreign!

tegan...I did say car drivers as well in the original posting. I`m not a lorry hating car driver!

But perhaps you can tell me, as a lorry drivers wife, why lorries overtake each other on hills thus holding everyone up? smile

Ready4anotherCoffee Tue 07-Oct-08 20:09:16

Also as a hgv drivers dw, he said they overtake like that if the one in front is going slower with a full load, the one behind, esp if lighter, needs the power to keep his rvs up otherwise there are a lot of gears to go through to change down the box, thus losing your momentum.

He knows what he's talking about, but me? dim female heresmile

Ready4anotherCoffee Tue 07-Oct-08 20:10:10

sorry, revs not rvsblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now