Talk

Advanced search

To feel quite satisfied about swearing loudly at a taxi driver who

(10 Posts)
GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Mon 06-Oct-08 20:56:51

left me struggling across a road/car park area to his taxi when i was carrying a (broken) pushchair in one hand, a large heavy bag in the other, and guiding DD3 (who is only 21 months old). There were cars trying to exit the school gates as we walked across, too, and yet, seeing me struggle, and knowing full well i was his fare, he stayed sat on his arse in his car and watched.

Well, since i had been waiting ages for the taxi in the first place, and i was already annoyed by the fact that the pushchair had broken 30 minutes walk (that's an hour or more with a tired toddler) away from home, i swore quite loudly about lazy farking ignorant drivers, and decided to walk home instead. (Luckily DH cycled to my rescue me 20 minutes later and took DD home in her carrier on his back).

So, WasIBU?

Sparkletastic Mon 06-Oct-08 20:58:37

YANBU I like your style lady grin

nickytwoooohtimes Mon 06-Oct-08 21:01:50

Swearing loudly - not very pleasant and rather unreasonable.
Fair enough to be cross though.

GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Mon 06-Oct-08 21:03:12

I only swore loud enough for him to hear...not the kids in the school or anything! I had a toddler with me - wouldn't want her to pick it up.

countingto10 Mon 06-Oct-08 21:12:35

I'm not sure if it's some health & safety thing or just "jobs worth" but we have this problem with taxi drivers.

My son is ASD and has a taxi to and from his weekly boarding school. He has a number of bags every week and has to carry everything himself. At the beginning of term he had a large, heavy holdall, a guitar, a rucksack, a PE kit and another carrier bag of stuff.  It was raining but the driver sat in his car whilst my DH (in dressing gown as it was 7.20am) helped him to the car.

I raised this with the LEA before (when DS was younger)as I had a major issue with one taxi firm used (which was subsequently "sacked") and she told me "technically" their job was to take the child to school and my job to take him to and from the taxi.

YANBU but I fear it was "water off a duck's back" to him.

Geepers Mon 06-Oct-08 21:18:44

you were being daft and unreasonable yes.

it was a struggle to get to the taxi, but you were prepared to walk an hour home?

you swore quite loudly, but only loud enough that the taxi driver, in his taxi, could hear but quietly enough that surrounding children and your own toddler could not hear?

GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Mon 06-Oct-08 21:21:50

No, my toddler could hear - fortunately didn't repeat as she was fussing over the raisins she'd just dropped all over the floor.

And the school children were all in school!

And yes, i was prepared to walk/carry her home...or at least until DH came along or i rang another taxi firm (to wait another 20 mins?).

GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Mon 06-Oct-08 21:23:39

Countingto10 - thing is, they are usually very helpful when outside the supermarket and getting shopping into the boot, or carrying it from the car to my door...for which i give a tip, because i know it's not their job!

lovemybuggy Mon 06-Oct-08 21:33:35

YANBU -good for you!

GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Mon 06-Oct-08 22:25:38

Oh come on - i thought there'd be many more people willing to complain about a grown woman swearing! (Not to mention being happy about doing it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now