Talk

Advanced search

why are Per Una clothes so annoying?

(166 Posts)
plumandolive Mon 06-Oct-08 13:24:20

Had to walk hrough them to ge to the tights and they just really irritated me.
I know it's irrational..
is it those stripey cardies with big buttons that 50 yr olds wear because they think it makes them seem 30.
Or the stiched on bits like flowers and embroidered bits all over the place.
Or the waterfall cardies is nasty colours that think they're like jigsaw ten years ago
Or too much brown...
Or tring to make everytig special by saying it's italian or Roma or something when really it's hite...
blush didn't really have a good look honestly.....

DrNortherner Mon 06-Oct-08 13:25:31

I am so with you on this.

HATE per una with a passion.

We have a woman in our office who regulary turns up dressed head to toe in the shite...

SorenLorensen Mon 06-Oct-08 13:26:40

It's those hideous cardis that get me - they look like something Floella Benjamin would have worn while presenting Play School.

plumandolive Mon 06-Oct-08 13:27:50

Why though? Why does it get us so?
It tries to be posh and sophisto and really it's all nasty and acrylic.
It's hypocriticalgrin

plumandolive Mon 06-Oct-08 13:28:52

They always have thiose crdigans every year don't they? And they're not even wool, all acrylicy and catchy....

LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 06-Oct-08 13:29:27

Per Una woman is a 'well-preserved' fifty-something who is size 14 or under. They could wear so much nicer clothes but M&S seem to have brainwashed them into thinking that Per Una will somehow make them look trendy and stylish hmm.

Fimbo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:30:18

They extended our local Per Una section last year - it's by a side entrance which I used frequently, so I now have to pass by double the amount of crap as before.

I always laugh to as they always have a "designer clearance".

NotDoingTheHousework Mon 06-Oct-08 13:30:49

Message withdrawn

plumandolive Mon 06-Oct-08 13:31:55

Do you want to talk about it notdoing?

SorenLorensen Mon 06-Oct-08 13:32:40

I don't know who it is aimed at (I will come out here and admit I do have a couple of not-immediately-identifiable-as Per Una items). Young, trendy women wouldn't be seen dead in it and older women think it's too young and trendy for them "I overheard two old ladies in my local M&S discussing it "ooh, I don't like this Pruner stuff...it's for young girls, isn't it?". And middle-y women like me just think it's horrendous - for all the reasons mentioned in the OP.

Fimbo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:33:19

LOL 3 the same on one page

onepieceoflollipop Mon 06-Oct-08 13:33:33

NDTH <<I have one of those cardies>> - bought in my pre-mnet days and I only wear it round the house.

Please don't get this post deleted. grin

expatinscotland Mon 06-Oct-08 13:33:44

because they are a horrible rip off for such ugly garments.

HateHoovering Mon 06-Oct-08 13:34:08

Hee, hee. The skirts are always just the wrong length. I thought initially when it came out it was ok and bought some work stuff but it gets cheaper (in a tacky, crap material way) and more old fashioned every season.

Megglevache Mon 06-Oct-08 13:34:35

You know I really do hate the stuff and love to laugh at the links on here but the women who I see in the stores buying it and who are clad in it head to toe always look rather wonderful in it, I really do think that.

(my mum included she is a lacey, embellished, pearlised, frilled, matching bangle and bag junkie.)

onepieceoflollipop Mon 06-Oct-08 13:34:43

Actually perhaps I should have typed please do get this post deleted!

plumandolive Mon 06-Oct-08 13:35:13

Soren-lol at pruners[grin.
Do you think Boden is any better?
It's alo o recogniseable, but at least is proper materials- cotton, wool etc.. and heir basic non "hotchpotch" stuff can be ok.

electra Mon 06-Oct-08 13:35:39

LOL I agree - the stuff is cut so badly.

Fimbo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:35:40

Mine all mine

OrmIrian Mon 06-Oct-08 13:35:56

Everything there is the wrong length. OK I am very tall but nothing every comes to the right place on my leg. Trousers are a joke.

FioFio Mon 06-Oct-08 13:36:13

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Mon 06-Oct-08 13:36:31

Message withdrawn

electra Mon 06-Oct-08 13:36:59

Yes fio - that just about sums it up, I totally agree!

Fimbo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:37:19

An elegant and sophisticated full length skirt. Tier design and embroidered trim give it the Per Una touch -LOL at Per Una touch grin

plumandolive Mon 06-Oct-08 13:37:29

Meggle- so what sort of women( apart from your mum of course) look wonderful in it, whoo would look even more wonderful in say Jigsaw or Noa?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now