Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not want to clean out the garden shed?

(6 Posts)
AussieLou Mon 06-Oct-08 10:14:34

Im the nanny for 4 kids and the parents have just asked me to clean out their garden shed (which houses all the kids rolelrblades etc)put up some flat pack shelves, clean and sort out the stuff.
I know that the kids toys are my responsiblity as the nanny but I am wrong in thinking that this is unreasonable? They have no cleaned or sroted the shed on over 3 years. I have already moved furniture for them without complaint but this seems ridiculous to me. Oh yeah and they asked me to trim the vines climbing on the shed. There could be spiders and other beasties living in there!!!!!
What to do??????

AussieLou Mon 06-Oct-08 10:15:22

Sorry for the spelling. It's not an English keyboard and sometimes the letters are not where I think they are

Lauriefairycake Mon 06-Oct-08 10:27:36

I do not think this is a reasonable request - particularly the gardening.

I'd be interested to hear what others thought though as I've never had a nanny.

kormAaaarrrggghhhchameleon Mon 06-Oct-08 10:28:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carmenere Mon 06-Oct-08 10:29:41

I also think that this sounds a bit much BUT how much stress will it cause to refuse? Are they generally reasonable and kind? Are you happy in the position?

AussieLou Mon 06-Oct-08 10:43:34

I am not contracted for this kind of work. I am the kind of person who is happy to jump in to help out íf needed (as in the furniture moving) but this I am not really wanting to do. I have a horrible gilt complex. I would do it to not cause trouble but I need to stop being like that.
I am about 80% happy in my position so thats why I thought I would hop on here to get other opinions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now