Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to trade in my DH for the man I saw today?

(24 Posts)
ready2pop Sun 05-Oct-08 21:30:29

This morning I saw a lovely man pushing his DS (who looked about 4 months' old) in a pram. He was loaded down with a big grocery shop but also carrying coffee, croissants, newspapers AND flowers.

He was nothing special to look at but I now can't stop dreaming about how nice it would be to be married to a man like that!

My DS is 7 months old and the longest my DH has ever looked after him alone was for 2 hours at the end of which DS was covered in grass cuttings, had missed a nap and was generally pissed off angry.

AIBU to want to upgrade my DH for a more effective model?

differentWitch Sun 05-Oct-08 21:31:51

have you considered he may have been in massive grovel mode? Forgotten the wife's birthday? Insulted her?

southeastastra Sun 05-Oct-08 21:34:10

he probably spent all night at spearmint rhino

ready2pop Sun 05-Oct-08 21:35:38

That's what DH said or that he was after a shag.

I can't decide if it is better to cling to the (probably misguided hope) hope that there are genuinely thoughtful kind men out there who are spontaneously treating their poor exhausted wives to breakfast in bed or to accept that they are probably all as useless about that sort of thing as my DH.

swampster Sun 05-Oct-08 21:37:58

I would post something here, but I hate to gloat. [gloats of gloatingly into arms of incredible, considerate DH]

southeastastra Sun 05-Oct-08 21:39:01

men aren't thoughful at all ime, they just don't think like that

JodieG1 Sun 05-Oct-08 21:39:26

Men like that do exist, there are a few round here.

ready2pop Sun 05-Oct-08 21:40:09

Damn, I suspected as much - mine is just crap then wink.

Oh well at least I am now armed with further evidence to throw at him to see if I can guilt him into being a bit more help.

IAteDavinaForDinner Sun 05-Oct-08 21:41:07

[gloats, but only a bit]

I bet he was taking some pressies home for his boyfriend.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Sun 05-Oct-08 21:41:40

Ready2Pop, you should have told your DH that a man that thoughtful would be likely to GET a shag.

mytetherisending Sun 05-Oct-08 21:45:09

Gloats from here too! DH got up in the night with dd2 (6mths) and looked after dd1 and 2 all day while I laid in bed until 1045 and did SFA all day except cook dinner grin
Also brought me breakfast in bed with a cuppa on Friday. smile I am very lucky!

blueshoes Sun 05-Oct-08 21:53:53

"He was nothing special to look". Hmmm, that could be the problem if you were thinking of marrying him. <Shallow me>

mummc2 Sun 05-Oct-08 21:59:44

i agree he was probably grovelling!! my dh sometimes grumpy/tired selfish but yesterday let me have sleep in then looked after dd's while i went and had hair cut which he paid for and did all the cleaning and tidying up!!! said i looked tired and needed a rest for a change.Couldnt believe my look thought someone had switched him while i wasnt looking. Get yourself dolled up, babysitter and remind him what hes got!!!!

PussinJimmyWhoooos Sun 05-Oct-08 22:05:25

They do exist! My sis is a fan of Jaime Oliver...she came home one day to find the new Jaime At Home book on the kitchen side and windowsill herbs for her to use with cooking...

They don't have kids though...I'm guessing all romance would go when they do grin

UnquietDad Sun 05-Oct-08 22:10:29

What if he was a twat? Maybe the flowers were for his other woman. And his wife hates croissants so he'd bought them all for himself. And this was the first time in weeks he;d done the shopping.

PussinJimmyWhoooos Sun 05-Oct-08 22:15:11

Do men have to be twats/having an affair to do nice things?

Discuss...

MinkyBorage Sun 05-Oct-08 22:17:42

My DH occasionally takes dds out to buy croissants on Sunday mornings. He can be a right twat.

scorpio1 Sun 05-Oct-08 22:19:45

My DH does htis for me pretty much every Sunday. He is not a knob. Or Twat.

ready2pop Sun 05-Oct-08 22:22:25

Hmmm, a twat who gets you breakfast and flowers is still better than a twat who doesn't though.

MmeTussaudsChamberOfHorrors Sun 05-Oct-08 22:24:18

My DH can be a bit unfeeling sometimes, but he does go for croissants every Sunday and occasionally brings me flowers. And not because he is grovelling, just to cheer me up. And he takes the kids out to give me a break.

Saying that, I do loads for him so I do expect him to treat me occasionally.

swampster Mon 06-Oct-08 13:04:25

PussinJimmyWhoooos - that sounds like a BIG self-interested hint to your sis!

jumpingbeans Mon 06-Oct-08 13:07:42

You can trade them in... where, tell me where, mine is 58, so can I please have 2x 24year olds

mumoverseas Mon 06-Oct-08 13:09:39

pmsl at ready2pops comment!
maybe he wasn't the perfect man though? maybe he is gay and he and his 'partner' had adopted?

Notyummy Mon 06-Oct-08 13:21:49

My DH is one of the good guys...most of the time grin That said he can be a pedantic fecker who drives me mad.

But I am lucky.... and so is he [modest emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now